A very simple and effective strategy to improve you TvT and TvP

I’ve started to do something very simple recently that has significantly reduced the number of losses I’m incurring to an opponent push on my third & fourth base that I’m not prepared for.

Simply send out a handful of individual marines and station them one by one at all the ground entry points heading toward your 3 & 4th. At the cost of one marine, you will see the army coming well ahead of time. You can scan and see what you’re up against and where it’s coming in. It gives you time to position & siege up your tanks & liberators, burrow your mines, and get your marines etc into position.

It’s such an easy and obvious thing to do but few players do it (I’m gold 1, 2.6-2.7k). With even army supply, economy, and upgrades, whoever attacks first will win if the opponent’s army is out of position. By the time your army arrives to fight their army, they have already killed a bunch of SCVs and maybe a base (or at the very least denied mining time), and if T, they will have their tanks sieged up etc already, giving them a decisive advantage.

Even if you trade evenly in the fight, you are now down on economy. They will remax faster and you will lose the second fight.

Avoiding being out of position ought to be your number 1 priority once you’re taking a third and beyond. There is no need to get blindsided by attacks. It’s an easy and stupid way to lose when there is such an easy way to counter it.

Obviously this won’t protect against air drops, but it does work very effectively against a mass ground army rolling in that can take our your third or fourth in a heartbeat.

I was actually thinking of this very thing, to try and improve my play as well. If you ever care to watch a replay just add me Tura 5390

1 Like