Death Grip Crystals are extremely dangerous “unit” spawned from Scythe of Amon but fortunately it is found exclusively in Scythe of Amon.
Here are 6 + 1 reasons why you really need to be careful around them.
1. As you know once it grabs any non-heroic unit it stuns then kills it instantly in 10 second unless you destroy the crystal (Even 1500 HP Tyrannozor).
2. Revival abilities like Torrasque reincarnation and also Guardian Shields are rendered useless.
3. The max range is 20 which is even longer than Stukov’s Infested Tank’s 18 range.
4. If the DGC grabs you outside your vision you won’t see the beam where it comes from, it’s especially deadly in Short-sightedness mutator where your vision is heavy restricted (Courtesy of Fluffy Maguro).
5. The amount they could grab depends on combined worth of 800 HP. For example they could grab 18 Marines (45 HP). So potentially a lot.
6. They can be spawned without limits as time goes on.
1. (or 7.) Since they are “units”, they can provide mutation effects like Moment of Silence (it’s a heroic) or Black Death mutator. But fortunately it is susceptible from abilities like Mindblast/Snipe/Broodling etc.