1v1 TvP Strategy Master Terran

Hello Master Terran here.

I want to say vs protoss I want you to rethink the match up if you are more new to the game you will understand this tactic at the Diamond level.

What I want you to do is forget about reaper opening its terrible it doesn’t give you any more information than a scv can far as scouting goes.

You need to think about what is the protoss typically going to make when you are in the first steps of the match up.

More than likely he will be making a stalker or adept if this is the case you have an advantage you as the terran player should be scv scouting and making a tech lab on your first barracks continuing to expand like a normal reaper opening but in this case you will make concussive shells and Marauder for the first 3 units of this build.

Generally you will be able to snipe the incoming adept or stalker as the concussive shells will slow the unit down to where you can kill it.

Then you will focus on applying pressure with those marauders but try not to lose then when you are at the protoss base if he has shield battery’s just retreat those units home.

While your marauders are on the way to the protoss base make two more barracks with reactors so you should have a total of 3 barracks. This will allow you to make a lot of units early on in the game. Then make 2nd gas and get engineer bay after continue game as you see fit by either adding third base or 5 barracks before third to apply early pressure on protoss third base.

Hope this information helps in this match up visit my stream at twitch .tv / masterxexe

You see this is a funny strategy, and while it will scare the crap out of your average protoss, there are people at the higher level who actually open differently than other players. If someone opens stargate and you miss the scout on it because you chose not to make a reaper and play standard/safe, your silly build gets hard countered into the ground.

The other possibility that makes this build dumb is if the protoss plans on opening blink stalker. The 3 marauders will be scary, but if your aggression fails, those marauders will get picked off by as many as 6 stalkers. So not only have you used an opener that got 0 damage in, you also are behind by 3 marauders and now have absolutely no map control. What you suggest doing here is basically a 3racks pressure followup, but will it be enough? Blink stalkers pick away at your bio, then by the time you reach their base they either have a colossus or enough units to hold back your push entirely.

Your build’s a risky one and will probably get you a massive lead up to D1 and maybe even M3, but the reaper’s job isn’t just to scout but to also maintain map control so that gateway units don’t walk straight to your base.

1 Like

He’s saying that at the very beginning of the game where you usually reaper scout you can get the same info with an scv scout. Not to mention you have scans which terrans resort to anyway if they can’t get in the base.
Gateway does counter this if it’s marauder focused. My build against Protoss is similar except it’s basically a 3 rax stim/shields/shells/+1 attack. It worked for me maybe 60-70% of the time until I realized that if they went mostly gateway units half my units don’t shoot up lol. Drugs are bad though so I can’t be mad, I just only produce marauders out of one barracks. I grab a second command center before the 3rd racks starts for the extra mules but often times the game is over before I even fly it. If you do it efficiently the best counter they’ll have is colossus if they rush it. Between the two tech labs all the upgrades will finish around the same time as +1, just rally ur units to ur main army as u send them across the map. trust me, with stim all their units will be gone in 10 seconds tops and then the bases are left open for the taking

2 Likes