1v1 Tournament - game shows victory but tournament shows eliminated

Entered a 1v1 Tournament, readied up immediately. Spent 4 minutes “waiting for opponent”, only to go straight into a game which said I was victorious. But the tournament page shows me as eliminated and my opponent as having won, despite the game immediately going to a victory splash screen for me.

I experienced something similar a little while ago . I was in a 3 round 1v1 gold tournament. A friend was in the same tournament. He had a bye the first round. I defeated my opponent. I was sitting waiting for the next match and right at the end of the countdown, before the load screen I got a message saying, “you have been eliminated.” The match still started, and we began play. I mentioned to my friend what happened and that I was hoping it was just a screen glitch, but then he informed me he just got a timer for the next match. He surrendered, screen shows I’m victorious, but the match results do not indicate it was a tournament match.

Hey Gang,

Man. Team match up’s are the worst. Tons of mistakes and different leagues. The AI couldn’t match me up the right way again.

Walter Chow