“ALL” music doesn’t work (for me?)

Hello, not sure if this is a bug or if it’s just for certain players or certain operating systems but when I select “All” music in the Sound settings/options for Starcraft 2 it should play both SC2 and Broodwar (SC1) music right?

Because it only plays SC2 music for me. The only way I can get Broodwar (SC1) music to play is to set it directly to SC1/Broodwar but this means I don’t ever get to hear the SC2 music.

I want both to play at random but I can’t seem to find out how?

Am I doing something wrong?

Please help! It’s not a major issue but it’s something that I wonder about

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/starcraft2/11941668/patch-2-1-preview-classic-starcraft-soundtrack-in-starcraft-ii
  • StarCraft / Brood War: Only music from the classic StarCraft soundtrack will play.
  • StarCraft II: Only StarCraft II music will play.
  • All: Music from all StarCraft soundtracks will play at random.

If you only hear SC2 music when selected as All, that’s a bug.

1 Like

Some maps/mods/game modes can ignore this setting.
It’s also possible to have quite the bad luck of the draw.

2 Likes

It’s been a long time since I played around in the game files, however…

From what I remember, there’s 20 to 30 SC2 music tracks per race, whereas there’s only 3 tracks per race for SC1.

It’s possible that the few SC1 tracks are just getting lost in the randomization of all the tracks. One may even play, but due to the distraction of playing the game, it gets missed.

Also, as Undead mentioned, certain game modes, like campaign, have a lot of scripted music so it would ignore the setting in certain circumstances.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.