Zero reason to play comp

The games are god awful this season especially, went from masters 5 in season 1 to masters 1 in season 6. stayed there till this season and im dropped to diamond 1 and physically cannot win a game because team mates fail to regroup or counter. i check their profiles and they are not even gold half the time but the enemy team has either a GM player or a previous top 500 player? Jade guns look horrid and fit on nothing, the new rank system does not work in the slightest with the modifiers just being wrong and its a return to overwatch 1s awful system where ill win 7 go up 300SR and then lose 3 and drop immediately back to where i was.

14 Likes

play til you lose stop for the day

1 Like

Losing is a sign of weakness and shall be harshly punished ! Winning is the only acceptable outcome but doesn’t count for much because you were expected to do so. ALWAYS MAGGOT.

Blizzard logic is that if you win it was probably against a garbage bot team but if you lose … it was against an even LOWER garbage bot team !

1 Like

Well, somehow I gain more % single winning than after 10 games winstreak. Can you explain how it’s logical? 26% gain on a 10 win streak, 32% gain on a single win after 3 losses.

I dunno, you purchased more skins than the others or something, who knows what desperate metrics they use these days but they clearly are not any sane ones.

3 Likes

I have this issue too, it feels like the matchmaking system is designed to keep you at a 50% win rate whatever you do, i also used to be masters 1 / GM 5 but now ive dropped down to diamond 2 in a single season, this is despite the fact that i have a 50% winrate over 400 games…

It isn’t. That’s just a natural event of hitting your peak and match making working.

Masters 5 and diamond 1 are basically the same thing. What are you on about?

the fact i started at masters 5 and then worked to masters 1. then it dropped me all the way back for zero reason

I recommend strongly against taking your rank seriously. When teams can be as slanted as a plat/diamond mix against a team of 4 masters and a plat, that’s when your rank alone doesn’t matter. Skill alone can only carry someone so far. Once you lose a couple just stop playing, you’ll only do worse when you’re tilted at the balancing of teams.

2 Likes

Used to almost exclusively play comp only, but matchmaking got progressively worse and worse to the point that I get way more balanced matches in QP of all places, even cheater stacks now seem more common in comp than QP. Atleast I can leave cheater games in QP and not derank. Most comp games now are just tanks playing into all possible counters and mercy/weaver healbots.

4 Likes

Have you considered that maybe you ended up in games that, by coincidence rather than skill improvement, you had favorable hero matchups for a series of games and climbed to a rank you can’t consistently perform at? Have you ever, consistently, been at masters 1? If you suddenly climb there once and don’t stay, it’s because you didn’t belong to begin with.

I have been consistently high diamond to high masters since season 2 of OW1. Hardstuck af. I got an account to GM2 in the first few seasons of OW2. Fell and haven’t gone back. I did not belong. GM2 is like nearly OWL player skill. I do NOT belong there, yet I got there.

have you checked the leader boards recently?
we are basically at the end of the season and t500 starts in masters.

everyone got moved down.

Indeed, but it’s mostly the same people as previous seasons.

The skill required hasn’t changed, just the colour of the little badge.

exactly. I dont understand why they did it but it really doesn’t affect anything.

Adding a new rank, whilst keeping the “mid” as that gold plat void.

Also, boosted accounts were a far more problematic issue higher up, so need to make people go earn their high ranks again.

no one gets to see the new rank though because if you are high enough to get it, youre t500.

If you win 50, and have a number registered. But yeah, I don’t think those at the top end of top 500 care what specific rank badge they have. They’re just after the higher position on the board.

Maybe they should change it to a full ladder… Might up set the bronze 5 players that think the games rigged against they when they discover just how many players are better than them.

people used to care when it showed what rank you were in a match.
now that everyone has private profiles, ranks dont get shown anywhere its literally pointless.

back when I was t500 in ow1, i liked being able to the the position I held above my rank icon in the bottom left. now rank is objectively meaningless.

Yeah I get that. And it’s handy for content creators. They did say they were adding something like that back, on the client side.