Zen is a bigger problem then mercy

I see what you mean. My thinking is it would encourage enemies to fall back. It’s a tough call when he’s a glass cannon. My only thoughts are

• two orbs that do the same thing (Heal if on an ally, more damage on an enemy) and one target can have two and they’re both reduced. Not the best idea.

• Have the discord orb reduced but his primary attack does a lot more on that target.

• Give more shield but allow his shield to affect the power of the orbs

He’s a very unique hero. The mobility of a brawl but the kit of a poke.

Point is Zen isn’t as mobile as Mercy nor does he have a reliable non-ult healing like Mercy’s. Discord and damage is all he has

Basically, while yes discord does more than damage boost in absolute potential.
If that becomes a problem it’s easy to switch and deal with Zen and that’s why it’ll never be as big as a problem as damage boost.

As for 6v6 and 5v5 tanks…

Tanks have more HP and Armor works differently which makes Discord less impactful.
With no tank synergy, it’s much easier to switch if it’s a problem.
Also 5 people dealing 25% more damage to you is less damage than 6 people dealing 30% damage to you.

Either way, the point is if Zen is carrying a game all the roles have solid answers for him with 5v5 needing fewer heals even support can switch to Lucio and Dive him.

I feel like Discord orb is a better Mercy amplifier just because it doesn’t require a tether other than the caster who places it. It can get incredibly more value in less coordinated teams because stray bullets will usually aim for tanks.

Cap it at 15-20% for tanks to decentivise people from doing it to tanks. Zen was the tank buster support but now it’s a bit too “strong” with only one tank. Which is why you have a tank buster in the first place, but this isn’t an MMO or Moba.

Does Mercy blow up when you look at her funny? No in fact she doesn’t die at all because she’s impossible to hit.