Zen, Discord and Tanks

Discord is way too powerful in its current state. Zen is a hero designed on 6v6 concept and with the removal of a tank at the start of OW2 you have given him massive creep. Then you add the DPS passive and the Hitbox change. Cmon are you Devs that low on IQ that you think all of these changes are actually good and make tanking enjoyable?

WHY DO YOU THINK TANK IS ALWAYS THE QUICKEST QUEUE!? BECAUSE IT ISNT FUN TO PLAY BECAUSE YOU DEVS DONT KNOW HOW TO BALANCE THE GAME

2 Likes

I think it’s less because of Discord, and more because of AntiHeal, Hack, and Tanks just not being lethal enough to attract DPS players to the Tank role.

5 Likes

5v5 is fundamentally ruining this game.

The fact they’d rather rework heroes that usually make them one dimensional and boring rather than adding a tank back is maddening.

Zen already got a handful of hefty nerfs and discord is still strong. It will always be strong if there is only one tank in the game.

3 Likes

Lets rework every OG tank : zarya , orisa, doom , ball , hog. We will never return to 6v6 because battle pass is better :drooling_face:

The fact that people think anything that involves not fixing Matchmaking/Queue issues, is a viable design goal, is exasperating.

It’s like saying “Hey this physics works great, if you ignore gravity and friction”.

The issue I describe and the issue you describe are symptoms of the main problem.

Sure if we giga buffed tanks it will be more fun and favorable and might get other roles to participate in playing tank, but then it’ll digress back into what OW2 was in the beginning: healers dumping their utility into their tank and seeing who wins in a tank vs tank. Sure we can account the DPS passive being a thing, but even then that passive makes tanking unfun to play.

All of this being done in the name of 5v5 isn’t going to make it work. There is a constant cascade of issues that stem from taking away a singular tank.

Sometimes it’s better to start from square one and press on from there.

3 Likes

Well, here’s how I’d do that.

Give Tanks more headshot damage, but also give Tanks headshot resistance, then maybe lower their HP.
Scribble notes, Tank fix

And otherwise nerf Tank hardcounters like AntiNade, StormArrow and Bastion Sentry

And beyond that, make Orisa and Mauga more AntiSquishy and less AntiBarrier (I.e. More headshot and burns, less base damage, more spread)

But ultimately the bottom line is that Tanks becoming more Fun, will make some DPS/Support players have less fun. But that’s fine. As long as it grows the overall playerbase size.

But yeah, to reiterate. I genuinely don’t care if every single “Tank is stronger than other roles” complainer quits the game permanently. If that’s what it takes to fix Matchmaking.

There’s not enough of those people to matter when compared with “Intentionally do not fix Matchmaking”.

Its all of that really.

Dont disagree with you here. Other than Doom and Orisa were changed for 5v5. All heroes who were around in “ow1” should be reworked into a 5v5 format.

Which incidentally, overall the approach there is to make Overwatch a more compelling game to people from other FPS games.

And a more sedentary game that’s mostly about “whichever team has the best defence, wins” doesn’t appeal that well to the audience.

I am a Zen/Ana main and I already gave up on them thanks to ~~100% Sombra/Venture pickrate.
Feel free to nerf them, just prepare yourself for 100% Orisa pickrate if it isn’t already.

Only two of those are actually OG tanks.

Do you think 6v6 couldn’t have a battle pass?