Zarya need reduced damage

Too strong with full charge.

3 Likes

Maybe don’t shoot her bubbles…

8 Likes

Nobody does that… fact is even if team evades her bubble a decent zarya easy can charge to 100 by positioning.

1 Like

Zarya needs a buff. She needs more damage to do her job of burning enemy shields.

4 Likes

Nah.

6 Likes

Better idea, increase the lethality of all Tanks.

1 Like

Her bubbles are a much bigger problem than her damage. CC immunity and 200 bonus HP is very strong.

7 Likes

No. Zarya already out-classes her rival (D.Va) by a land slide. If you want a zarya buff, you need to buff D.Va.

2 Likes

Zarya can be easily punished if you catch her without bubble, which is especially easy in lower ranks because bubble management ain’t that great. Honestly, abusing her when you know she has personal bbl down sort of makes her obsolete.

Edit: she also doesn’t need a buff. She’s fine.

1 Like

They’re both weak Sigma so bring on experimental.

That would be neq to me. At least DF can still knock her around if I’m not mistaken.

i remember when jeff i think said that dont shoot at deflect, overwatch is a team game i can avoid every bubble and every deflect but if my teammates are hitting them then i am still getting killed by high charge zarya’s and deflected bullets

2 Likes

Hard truth that no one wants to hear, but Zarya doesn’t need her ally bubble. It’s incredibly problematic in the current state of Overwatch that has far too much sustain.

If you removed it then buffed her charge rate to compensate, she’d still be perfectly viable and Rein/Zarya might actually not be broken for the first time in a year.

5 Likes

I think Zarya’s Ally bubble is an important part of her identity, but this change is not necessarily wrong. It’d be an incredibly fine line to tow, however, because getting rid of that and buffing her base damage/bubble health only serves to make her either more annoying to fight or makes grav an incredibly fast ult to charge. I don’t think zarya needs change because her bubbles are on a longer cool down and only suck up 200 dmg each, but if there was any change I think they could lower the cool down on bubbles and significantly lower the amount of health they have.

I must be in a alternative time line where Zarya represents anything but mediocrity.

Think beyond your rank and quick play matches.

1 Like

Zaryas bubbles are not very strong. In terms of barriers Sigmas is 3 times her bubble health. Reins recharges her full bubble health over 2 seconds. The bubble only covers 1 person.

Zarya does need a buff, her bubbles need to be unlocked to ally/self on 8 second timers. Her damage should should be more so she can burn shields.

1 Like

While I don’t think it’s unfair that Zarya does high damage at full charge, it’s also not as easy as “don’t shoot at her”.

Heroes like Pharah and Junkrat can’t stop their projectiles. They can hit her and charge her. Which is fine - that’s a good counterbalance to projectile burst damage.

But…what’s the alternative? Let her damage you and potentially kill you while you avoid shooting her bubble?

I don’t think she’s a balance issue. But I also don’t think it’s as easy as, “don’t shoot them” because that just means you’re letting her murder you in the meantime lol

1 Like

i think she needs her decay time increased.

she is too easy to charge and doesnt charge down fast enough.

charging her up almost guarantees she will be charged up for the rest of the match unless she dies

then give her some other stuff as compensation

2 Likes

That’s totally true and I think it’s part of why balancing heroes is so hard. These heroes have been with us for years, so every one of their abilities is an integral part of their identity to us. If an ability is problematic, it’s really tough to change without the playerbase feeling betrayed. :pensive:

Zarya’s bubble doesn’t compete with barriers. You can’t use a barrier to protect Reaper while he’s ulting, or a Reinhardt while he’s charging in.

CC is exceedingly rare in this game. You have Bubble and… Orisa’s Fortify? Bonus HP is also exceedingly rare, especially since they removed shield generators and nerfed armor packs.

1 Like