Zarya IS the issue | STOP WITH THE BIAS

Hahahaha
Graviton is blocked by Shields, can be stunned out of, and can be eaten.
Meanwhile… Sigma’s Flux is the size of the sun, can be casted from a mile away, isnt blocked by Shields, and it doesnt even have a strict LoS check.

1 Like

Counter grav with another ult. Like you do pretty much 75% of the ults in the game. Are you on the team that’s always getting stuck in 6 man gravs?

5 Likes

I don’t know which game you are playing but in ow she was not meta in old dive and a throw pick durring the complete duration of double shield and bunker (a stronger version of her had literally the worst tank stats in the game during this time).

13 Likes

“Zarya’s been a must pick forever!”
They scream, when Double Shields has been strict meta since Role Que came out last year… Zarya was a throw pick for an entire year.
People scream “Just because my characters been meta for a month doesnt mean they should get nerfed to the ground!” Yet turn around and demand the literal same thing just to another character :woman_facepalming:

17 Likes

They just need to increase her charge decay rate and Zarya will be fine. That’s the only thing that’s off about her, it’s far too easy to maintain a high charge.

6 Likes

She’s easily been one of the best tanks in the game since release.

She was used from season 1-4. GOATs, All the times rein zarya was relevant (which has been a lot of times), she was used after 2019 and double shield died down with rein zarya, she wasn’t used during 2019 double shield but when it came back in 2020 (season 22) she was the third option, hog zarya, and now monkey zarya.

Bunker meta was literally for like the first… what? Month of bap’s release?

Already made my take on it, by no means is she fundamentally broken, by every means is she a hero that scales with skill due to her kit and also one of the most fun rewarding fair kit as well. So what is the problem? Sustain.

Once again healing sustain breaks the game and tanks especially, Zarya was not designed nor meant to be able to face tank everything with her 400 hp and rotating bubble, she was meant to get some more leeway with the bubble but be punishable outside of it. Furthermore the insane amount of energy was a last stand sort of thing, when the fights been going on for a while and resources were running dry, the hp/s falling behind the dp/s and teams crumbling, not like this were teams are alive until they legitimately get deleted by zarya or just your regular choice of one shot combo/burst.

Do not get me wrong, one shots are part of the game, the skill based ones are just fine, requiring certain conditions like aim, but when they are the only option due to healing creep we get the game we have had for years now since it started.

tl;dr in the world of healing creep zarya has become questionable due to designs surrounding her, but it’s hardly her problem nor should she be changed before healing.

nah she is fine even if she is in every single match…not OP at all :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

She is not the most picked tank in bronze, silver, or GM.

This really is a big brain play, call every tank aside from D.va op long enough that they get nerfed and then D.va gets to be the best tank.

2 Likes

She has been meat for too long imo. She was meta when I stopped playing and she is still meta when I returned.
Time to hit her with the nerf hammer.

Thats the forums for you. A historic events of FACTS:
Zarya: is balanced for years, not the best, not bad, a decent option
Blizzard makes a global nerf to shields
Players: Well time to use … ball I guess?
Blizzard buffs Roadhog
Players: Well Zarya is still decent and if we use them with roadhog since shields are not good anymore … should work.
Anti Zarya players/Dva OTPS: OMG Zarya is the problem NERF

Its amazing how a hero doesnt get buffs or significant changes in YEARS, and all of a sudden its “broken” or “OP” just because the rest got global nerfs.

Cool.
Not lacking perspective I guess. Got it :sunglasses:

10 Likes

b-but she is fun to play as d.va ;-;

Frustrated Dva Main, Zarya’s fine already.

5 Likes

Atp the only bias is you against zarya

1 Like

Mainly because D.VA sucks right now. Normally D.VA would be good with Winston, but shes literally made of paper.

Don’t nerf Zarya - buff D.VA.

Because literally every other off tank sucks. Of course Zarya is going to be the better option

4 Likes

Sounds similar to the case with Moira.

She only had slight number adjustments since her release and was deemed fine; even a troll pick at times. Then one season, the game around her changed and all of a sudden, she’s “OP” just because she happened to work well in the meta. However, no one seemed to realize why the meta was called “double shield” and not “Moira meta,” yet people cried for her to be nerfed.

Sorry to destroy your post, but tank meta is in a healthy spot

Winston: PR 26.5% WR 57.03%
Zarya: PR 20.3% 54.9%
WB: PR 15% WR 55.6%
DVa: PR 14.84% WR 55.46%
Reinhard: PR 11.7% WR 54.34

Overbuff, this week GM

1 Like

Increase the charge decay rate so she cant maintain max charge as long. But for other parts of the kit shes fine. Tweaking with bubbles would be too risky.

1 Like

Wheres Orisa and Sigma now. Havent watched Overbuff now.