Zarya arguably needs a nerf

As all the other heros are getting recognized for their damage but Zarya also needs to be put in the spotlight. She does way too much damage for a tank and can melt squishies, shields and tanks. She gets bubble so often that it leaves very little time to kill her.
no, you cant just say “don’t shoot her” because it is hard to predict when she has bubble and for low-level play she is a nightmare for everyone.

2 Likes

Very true. At full charge, which she often is at, she does obscene amounts of dps for a tank character.

im inclined to slightly agree. however i think the issue is in her charge retention rather than her maximum damage.

its just too easy to charge her and too slow to lose charge: so i suggest

1 Like

She’s fine. Her damage needs build-up which means that she trades a weak poke phase for a strong brawl phase. If you nerf her, then take care of the rest of the powercreep too

4 Likes

We can talk Zarya nerfs after the rest of the power creep has been reversed.

Zarya is literally weak Sigma, she’s middle of the road in pick rates in OWL and GM. Her overall pick rate is 7.26%, inflated by lower ranks that can’t use Orisa/Sigma or dive tanks to save their lives.

3 Likes

I’d argue she needs a buff tbh

3 Likes

More tank nerfs?

1 Like

Didn’t she get a dmg nerf before?

2 Likes

We don’t need more tank nerfs

2 Likes

We can talk zarya nerfs once double shield doesn’t make her obsolete.

1 Like

Exactly.

1 Like

Personally I don’t mind her damage, but it’s the bubbles that frustrate me.

200 damage in 2 seconds, on top of whatever health Zarya or who’s she’s bubbled has, and the fact they can get healed AND damage you as well?

Why not have Bubbles give allies temporary shields that are 50% of their health? This way they aren’t so hard to manage, then allow Zarya to have more bubbles to compensate? Up to 3, and bubbling herself counts as one with a cooldown still.

Zarya doesn’t need any nerfs. She’s fine. Don’t shoot the bubble.

I’m going to be honest with you guys. Zarya got buffs without actually getting buffs. With shields being nerfed a long while back and slow and steady power creep in the dps department, Zarya is easy and too powerful because a lot of damage can hit her bubbles now. There’s a lot of spam damage and burst damage.

I remember I used to think Zarya was hard and required skill back in the beginning if overwatch. Now she has been dumbed down. Not a fan of it.

Now, you just throw a bubble and watch yourself get 40% charge easy. Zarya is a nightmare on console.

They should consider nerfing cooldown on bubbles by a second or make max charge from a bubble be 35% or a quicker decay of charge on her gun.

I don’t want anything huge but she easily can dish out serious damage without having to work too hard for it.

Edit: Figure out a way to bring more skill to the hero please.

2 Likes

Yes lets nerf a hero because plebs can’t avoid shooting a bubble on a hero that is completely reliant on their main tank and has no utility outside of her bubble on a cooldown. While we are at it, we should nerf Reaper because low ranks cant be bothered to turn around and shoot him and also nerf Pharah because low ranked hitscan cant shoot her. Follow that up with a Bastion nerf because they can’t coordinate against him. There is a reason why the game isn’t balanced around low ranked players. Lets not forget that Zarya is useless without Rein, so nerfing her is like nerfing Mercy because Pharahmercy is too strong at low ranks.

1 Like

Literally, every Shield Tank has a higher pickrate than Zarya currently.
But yes, let’s nerf Offtanks.

1 Like

What if instead of nerfing Zarya, they buff Zarya. And buff all the offtanks.

[✅] Abbreviated Tank Changes