Zaria , Ball , and Hog

I agree zarya ball and hog are good because they can dps

Hit the nail right on the head. Ball has had very little changes. Zarya has had NERFS, and Hog is quite literally worse than his pre damage buff.

And somehow, they’re all on top. Why? Because the other tanks have been nerfed into the dirt, so of course they’re going to be the best when the others are so underpowered

1 Like

Meta doesn’t matter IN Masters.

:open_mouth:

Hmmm. Well, in that case wouldn’t you think survival focused buffs would be better?

Like let’s say a smaller headshot hurtbox, or perhaps a lower cooldown on repeat DM usage, or maybe a faster regeneration rate for DM resource.

Hog and Ball are near the bottom in winrate… Maybe it’s just people don’t want to play blue rectangle man or his friends if they don’t absolutely have to.

The smaller critbox would fix one of D.Va’s main problems. But even then, she needs a 12m matrix. One of her main jobs is peeling, and she can’t consistently save teammates from something like a Hook, for example.

Just ignoring that sigma is also nuts rn?

Sigma needs a small buff, probably just giving back the CC scaling on distance Accretion. Maybe increasing his barrier regen rate too?

He’s like the best combo to play with both hog and ball

Ball/Sigma isn’t good except maybe in 1 area of 1 map, and Hog/Sigma is currently worse than Hog/Zarya (at least from what I’ve seen).

No, lol. Zarya is the best right now. Her winrate is even close to Reinhardt’s who has half her pickrate.

Ball sigma is basically the go to dive comp on open maps, on medium and below you just run ball DVA/monkey dva but it’s definitely viable, hog sigma is literally just better hog zarya, I literally can’t think of anything zarya does that sigma doesn’t besides cleanse, but having a consistent barrier is just way stronger plus stun plus succ. Hog zarya is probably the third worse hog tankline

Isn’t that what rein does to basically all tanks?
Also during even the highest point of orisas double shield we saw the most diverse range of tanks for 99% of the population, so I’d argue it was the opposite actually.

I just think she needs a good boost to be the “go to pick” on defense, like she should be.

As a tank main I WANT to play ryn , he’s awesome and requires outplaying the other tanks , but because I dont get the same value and he’s not the best right now it’s just better to go with the “good” tanks that aren’t nerfed as hard

It’s just what you’re saying doesn’t really reflect my experience or the numbers. Rein is near the top on winrate for almost every rank and doesn’t have a low pickrate at GM either. Outside of GM he’s often the most picked on top of hacking a high winrate.

Zarla, Bail, and Hong.

1 Like

I don’t always agree with just looking at numbers and yeah I know he USED to be played a lot but compared to Zaria , hog , ball as a tank it just feel hard to carry I’d rather just pick 1 of the 3 and feel confident I can carry , rather then a tank that really has to rely on the team because it’s HARDER then it already is in latter to climb

That’s fair you want to play rein but not everyone feels the same way.
I personally really dislike playing rein and dislike rein metas.

1 Like

That’s what Rein has always been though. He’s a safety blanket for the team. A ton of his power comes from having a giant blue bullet sponge that easily makes space for the team. Off tanks have a slightly different job, but Ball has a much more active and riskier role and still I wouldn’t really say he’s outperforming based on the numbers.

And yeah, the numbers aren’t perfect and won’t tell you everything, but that doesn’t mean they tell you nothing either. If a hero has a ~30% winrate then they’re garbage. >60% and they’re OP. And you have to factor in pickrate too. All we can say that seems fairly certain is that Rein, while not the mandatory pick he once was, isn’t terrible like you’re making him out to be.

And I love it. There are I think a lot of people who hate feeling forced to play Rein and for a long time I think we’ve felt that way. The tank balance right now is better than ever in my opinion.

1 Like

Amen, buff orisa and sigma for obvious reasons, let rein cancel his charge (at the cost of a smaller hitbox) and give Winston a third ability for gods sake it makes no sense that he’s the only barrier tank to not have a second ability that isn’t his shield. And just give dva 300 armor and 300 health she’s squisher than a tracer and sadly I’m not kidding, that hitbox for her head is bigger than Nicki minaj’s butt

1 Like