Zaria , Ball , and Hog

These are the best tanks we have right now because the rest feel underpowered, the other are still suffering from nerfs in goats or are just underpowered , maybe just MAYBE

People are complaining about these tanks in every game because these are the only ones that are playable without getting frustrated for a tank player BECAUSE

the rest of the roster is nerfed and still suffering from goats

6 Likes

K, and they are just about to buff the not-Tank peelers, Mei/Brig/Bap.

Which should be plenty to shake up the Tank meta a bit.

Off-tank szn.
//////////////////

1 Like

Another case of “I look at Overbuff and see my fav Tank isnt Meta, pls buff him”

The other OfftTanks are better in high elo, even better then Zarya, and you balance for high elo. Zarya was and will always be good in Solo q becauce she can fix missing communication and bad plays. Aslong the other Tanks are good too if you play them right (wich is the case) I dont see a problem with the Meta, only Orisa needs a lil buff from the tanks

Every Offtank is good atm, Ball is great too and Winston is viable. Every Sup exept bap is good too (Ok, moira is niche, but still viable). We also have more then 5 Dps being played, this is rare

5 Likes

I disagree and I never even look at overbuff in the 1st place so if you could stop assuming that would be awesome and 2nd

Ima tank main who plays all of the tanks and can say most of the tank line is underpowered and I agree that in high elos it’s way better to run something like D.Va HOWEVER

These tanks are not ok D.VAs DM is only 10 M from the 15 she originally had , 10 M is not enough distance to peel for a healer there have been several times where I DM and barly miss the line.

Take tracer as an example the Devs realized 10M was to close and extended it to 13M if I’m not mistaken

So D.Vas DM is not reliable

Because the DPS are getting buffed it puts even MORE pressure on a tank to not make mistakes and rely on you team way more then any role , and the tanks as little as the roster is , Most of them are nerfed like crazy because

Double barrier meta , Goats meta , and after goats was eliminated the changes were never fixed so they are still underpowered because of the goats nerfs

And buffing the DPS just makes it harder to play a tank

2 Likes

They are basically the ones which you can have the most impact with. You can still have an impact with the other ones but with much much more effort and you’re going to be even more dependant on your Team which probably is not worth it when there are the other options which people are running.

The Devs are responsible for the state of the Game the people just use the best tools they have at their disposal no reason to run anything else when they’re subpar.

Dva got many buffs, she got much faster recharge on dm, much more mobillity and faster rockets. DM is a lot stronger and Dva has more abillity for a shorter DM range, you act like they didnt touched her since goats. If you are able to play a Hero on the highest lvl of the game is is viable

Meta doesn’t matter below Masters owo

None of those buffs actually helped her in a meaningful way. If you want something to compare it to, compare it to how much McCree’s Combat Roll distance buff helped him. It didn’t fix any of his problems, and was pretty irrelevant.

D.Va needs a 12m matrix.

So is Sombra overpowered?

1 Like

What about orisa? She’s looking awful rn

1 Like

The booster buff helped alot and the DM buffs too, becauce they reverted the CD nerf. She was trash in the past ,even in pro play, but atm she is one of the strongest Tanks in high elo. Her pickrate in Top100 is higher then Zaryas and the 2. highest and in pro play she get used alot. Overall GM Pickrates are very close to Zaryas in the last few days. Dvas dm buff btw gave her a lot more self protection and makes it less punishing to use it often becauce of the smaller recorery delay. She maybe can get a little buff becauce she is so hard to play, but its not like she is trash and on max lvl she is better then Zarya

I would like prefer to see what she’d be like with a 30% movement penalty, instead of a 40% movement penalty.

1 Like

There is always 1 Maintank seing no play becauce of the rock paper scissor system Maintanks have. Its near impossible to make all 4 good and having 3 tanks viable is already extremely rare.
Small buff would be nice to make it less punishing if someone plays Orisa in your team, but you shouldnt try to make her good, this either ends up in Making Rein useless or Orisa still being trash and being Meta if the Meta changes

hog and ball hardly even qualify as tanks.

I’d rather play off tank a thousand times than play Orisa once.
She’s easily the most boring hero in the game.

This didn’t fix any of her problems.

The DM cooldown buff, again, didn’t fix any of her problems. It also didn’t give her more self protection, and she still has to decide whether to use it for herself or to protect teammates (and protecting teammates is inconsistent right now).

That wouldn’t really solve anything. Her main problem right now (or one of them) is that she can’t reliably save teammates with DM, and she hasn’t since the 10m range nerf.

1 Like

Moving further distances kinda does improve her range though.

Not really opposed to more DM range, just kinda figuring I wanna focus on something more valuable in lower skill tiers.

And there’s only so much “buff cash” to work with. So spending it is tricky.

40% to 30% wouldn’t really help much in lower tiers though. The main problem lower tiers have with D.Va is terrible DM usage and dying too quickly.

Thank you ! This just summed D.VA how she is RN ! I agree 100 percent those buffs didn’t impact her to very little , he DM is bad right now cuz it’s 10M and that’s basically not reliable at all I think just an extension of it to like 13M to 12M would be enough to get her back on track

You misspelled zarya :frowning: