You've made the game boring

Tl;Dr Stop trying to control every little aspect of how your players play the game.

You’ve made potentially the worst mistake devs can make. You’ve made the game boring.

Map pools have made the game repetitive.
222 has increased downtime between matches to upwards of 10 minutes in some ranks.
Hero pools are preventing people playing their favourite heroes at all.

I want to log in and play the game.
Not wait for a match (sometimes for LONGER than the match will last).
Then to be told that I cant play a b or c.
Oh and it’s on the same maps I’ve played 50 times this week already.

Enough!

Got a problem with the meta stagnating? Then balance the game more frequently and stop being scared to nerf/buff heroes just because they’re popular/unpopular.

Stop changing everything else and just address the actual issues already.

/Rant

144 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.

35 Likes

Pools made the game repetitive??? It’s only been like a week of pools lol

7 Likes

Map pools did. They’ve been here for far longer than 1 week.

34 Likes

Map pools boring and frustrating.

Hero pools boring and frustrating.

Competitive mode boring and frustrating.

Arcade been boring and frustrating.

= Game is boring and frustrating.

30 Likes

Season 21 was like March 5, no?

they could’ve also just released heroes faster, then the meta changes automatically.

9 Likes

People keep fighting to have dps as the fun role, I’m not sure what else you expect.

6 Likes

Map pools came in season 19

4 Likes

Nah, gotta hoard those to hype up OW2

6 Likes

I expect the devs to understand that 10 minute queues aren’t sustainable.
People launch Overwatch to play the game. Not to spend 10 minutes staring at a menu, watching videos or playing pointless minigames.

The devs caused the queue times. They didn’t exist before the update. Don’t blame the players for playing the game.

15 Likes

Oh I misread that as heroes for some reason.

I’m not blaming the players for playing the game, hell, I’m playing dps, but can people just realise that you make dps the role with the most fun, and people are going to play it.

3 Likes

Yeah. People will play what they find fun.
This is a game after all and why the devs arent acknowledging that fun will always be the most important thing in a game is anyones guess.

3 Likes

Agree.

And it’s made the game playable again for a lot of tanks and supports.

And they’re also actually changing up the meta now, with the faster balance changes.

QPC.

This is how we get ridiculously OP/useless heroes. With hero bans, they can change the meta by buffing off-meta heroes and giving them a chance against the dominating meta. Buffing/nerfing without being careful is how we got GOATS and double barriers.

5 Likes

By itself I dont have too much of an issue with 222. It’s in combination with extra control that I draw the line.

Great. Does this mean we can stop with completely pointless map and hero pools?

Or, and hear me out, we don’t make the main part of the game unfun. Large parts of this community only want to play competitive. Saying to play QPC isn’t useful.

We got goats and double barrier for exactly the reason i said. Blizz were too scared to properly nerf/buff heroes to stop it.
For example if Blizz had nuked Orisa from orbit to begin with double barrier would have ended half a year sooner.

If they over nerf/buff they can do another balance change quickly too. Balance patches can be reverted if it turns out they’re wrong. Something else Blizz need to get better at doing. Nobody would disrespect them for admitting a balance mistake.

4 Likes

This is just not how it works. They can’t just push a button and make balance changes. And most changes need time to get useful feedback. People saying x or y is OP could just be complaining about that thing not being easy to beat, or they could be having to deal with its ridiculous power every game no matter what they do.

Hero pools are meant to allow these changes to get full feedback. Instead of someone taking the current meta and swapping in Orisa for Rein, then complaining about how the recent buffs are useless, people actually pick from the beginning to fit the tank pair.

If they nerfed say, Ana to the point of nobody even playing her they could just revert. There is no reason why they couldn’t do that.

And people are going to stay on the wild rollercoaster ride of OP -> dumpster -> OP? They could do it, but at the cost of the playerbase. Why not take it slow and be careful instead of using the shotgun approach to balancing?

Taking it slow is how you get meta stagnation. Frequent small changes is the way to go.

1 Like