YOU'RE the reason why we're losing/lost. (PSA/RANT)

Running into this a lot, moreso on alt accounts and i’m just tired of it to be honest with yall. (TL;DR at the end if you don’t want to read the context)

I had a match where were playing Gibraltar, we steamrolled the enemy team, then we were doing fine until they swapped to counter one of my teammates that made it apparent he wasn’t going to swap…after we lost first i said “we’re gonna need some damage if we’re gonna get em’ off kart”…nothing…then second point gets rolled “some damage would be a big help right now please”.

we were playing widow and genji into double main tank (rein, winston) and i was trying to give hints that we needed to make some hero swaps at that point, i was ignored so as a last ditch effort i went bastion and we won the game, we also got lucky because one of the enemy players was DC’d.

Genji i am sorry if you read this but i was really frustrated with you specifically at that point, and in my head i was thinking “dawg can you please get the fxck off genji you are making this so hard running him into winston, moira while we’re getting rolled”.

what do i do ? i say nothing. this was a diamond game where we’re the top 10-3% of the playerbase…he knows what he’s doing and willingly isn’t swapping, he was a good teammate and he was being communicative and even if he wasn’t , if i call him out specifically it’s just gonna make him play worse and or piss him off, there is literally no point to it cause wether he swaps or not is out of my control, and tilting him and or my own team isn’t going to make things any better IN ANY WAY.

I also had a game not too long ago where it turned into a shouting match between 3 players, at that point all i can say is “relax guys, play”, the whole argument started over some dude’s pick and i’m not gonna lie it was a REALLY bad pick, but flaming him did nothing but tilt the team and when you have half of the people against eachother and on tilt your chances of winning at that point are even more slim then they already were, i could put an OWL player on my seat and we probably still wouldn’t win.

The better team usually wins, but it doesn’t matter how good yall are if you’re just gonna fight instead of actually playing the game.

TL;DR / moral of the story :i get that sometimes people do frustrating things in competitive, but if you want something to change speak up, be polite about it, if you wanna be a jerk you’re not helping in any way, at that point you’re worse than the person who made the bad pick and contributing more to the loss than they were.

torb didn’t lose us the game, you lost us the game by having a nuclear meltdown in voice comms…i’ve won with attack symm, attack torb, i’ve won 5v6, i’ve won with people who said they were account sharing from a lower rank on my team.

just shutting up and playing to the best of your ability or working around something is the best thing you can do, that is the best advice i can/do give people trying to climb. If someone makes a bad pick just counterpick them to something that will set them up to do better, like if you have a torb or bastion that insists on attacking then play double shield or something idk. i don’t like building around people but i like winning.

2 Likes

a Winston only counters brain dead genjis tbh. just saying. im not saying the genji you had was good, im saying any decent genji wont bat an eye when Winston is picked because its literally free ult charge when they chase you.

1 Like

also, hate to break it to you, but diamond is the top 30% not the top 10.

source : jeff kaplan.

that’s from over a year ago, the numbers have changed.

it’s from 10 months ago, a massive ladder shift isn’t happening, maybe i’m wrong though, i provided an official blizzard statement, do you have any sources to back up your claim by chance ?

2 Likes

I wish bliz would post stat updates monthly.

1 Like

Great DPS can carry subpar healing/tanking.

Very hard for tanking/healing to do the same.

That said, I’ve found Roadhog or Mei in the offtank slot can work wonders on a lack of kills.

its not from ten months ago because the reddit post highlighting this from blizzard forums is over a year old.

https://overwatchtracker.com/insights/skillrating

if you understand how to read stats this chart alone will show you that what I say is true because over a 3rd of it is above diamond.

https://www.esportstales.com/overwatch/competitive-rank-distribution-pc-and-console

if you cant read stats you can look at this break down that literally breaks it down and says

Diamond - 77.5 to 91.4%

as in top 30%

if you want to get technical its top 22%

But not top 10% as you claim.

Actually I think you’re just a bad Winston

1 Like

im a gm genji, who also plays Winston in gm.

I think youre just bad at anything Winston can jump on. His headshot hitbox is bigger than the training range bots. if you can t hit that, is on you.

1 Like

nah that’s just a bad winston. you just wait for him to dash and he is dead

“These websites do not gather data from all players in the game and are often biased towards high ranked players.”

my man you’re citing reddit and a website that takes data from 3rd party apps, i cited official blizzard stats from the game director, and there are even more from blizzard backing this up…

like i know you don’t wanna be wrong about it, but blizzard knows more than any stat tracking site, that’s just how it works.

1 Like

dated and disprovent by analyst. the 3rd party apps, have been proven by staticians time and time again to be correct in their findings.

youre wrong. you aren’t top 10%. the playerbase has dropped exponentially since this was posted, and the math has been done.

1 Like

first he goes off citing 3rd party to counterargue official blizzard stats…then claims to be a GM player while on a level 4 account :thinking:

it’s almost as if you can claim to be anything on the internet.

1 Like

just sent you a friend request on pc on my gm account

getschwifty is the name of the account

I could join you in voice chat and talk to you to prove it if youd like

1 Like

We had a guy in my qualifier match torb-throw because someone took his ashe in the second round ian i had to convince the guy to swap back so the bi+ch would stop feeding. We can win if he just stops giving ult charge. We did butbits only because we only needed to make it to the fountain on dorado.

also the site I sighted tracked the stats along side blizzard.

still waiting for you to accept that request.

1 Like

You mean of the 15K people still playing? Wouldn’t that undermine their “40 million copies sold” slogan?

1 Like

I invented the Internet, you must follow my rules.

1 Like