You're here to compete. Voice Comms should be compulsory

silly people with silly arguments

Salty people with salty arguments. Just stop.

1 Like

You didn’t address the argument unless your response is “Deaf people are silly”.

4 Likes

My comment stands, people are satly.

3 Likes

I don’t think you have any idea what “Compulsory” means…
I choose to mute everyone every game because it’s better for me and them.

1 Like

If you are interested in true competition, you should know that every “competitive” ranked match is handicapped with MMR. Handicapping makes competitive Overwatch a farce. More information in my thread:

1 Like

I think that competitive games with team has different requirements than single player games. So yeah team communication is somehow important and i did many games where ability to listen decided outcome. Its nothing hard to click join voice chat. Only being able to listen or do simple call out once in match can have huge impact.

I get it some dont have money to buy a mic, ok so atleast be present in voice and listen.

Well, this is exactly what will happen because if you will play comp while there are frequent power outages in your location, you will be banned from comp pretty fast for leaving.

Ok but how many players will do this? Its kind of extreme and weird rebel aproach.

You talk about it like 6 players in voice is issue now :slight_smile: , idk about US, but i have played plenty of games with everyone in voice and didnt experience what you say. Maybe one match out of 100.

I want to have best chance to win the match. Experience showed me that teams which has players present in voice chat has better chance to win. I dont want to command others, sometimes i want to make suggestions or i just want everyobe to be listen when our support tell us about reaper sneaking behind.

They made it, ok they are great players who made it there even with being deaf. What does that tell us? I can ride the bike without holding it with hands. Is it better and more effective than riding it with hands? I dont think so. So yeah, you can certainly climb to gm without coms but why to add disadvantage if you dont have to and if you can hear and talk.

Also I keep seeing this argument over and over again like people have some kind of autority to speak for players who are deaf. I would like to see what they would say to this topic.

They do exist, how is the suggestion bad for them?

And silly salty reactions wont help your case either :slight_smile: . I get ity people dont agree with you but try to not insult them.

1 Like

I don’t think so, I stopped joining voice chat ever since the incident.

So basically, some dps was screaming at the top of his lungs because I was healing dva instead of him and his mom was telling him to be quiet so um yeah.

Also, some people may be deaf and mute so they are getting banned I guess, I thought overwatch was inclusive.

1 Like

Seriously, this made you to leave voice chat for good? Thats hilarious, i would just laugh and go next match with smile on my face.

1 Like

Oh really, is it hilarious to get hearing damage from some grown man-child (or woman-child (or trans child (or (oh common)))?

Anyway, it’s definitely not good for your health to get jump scared all the time.

1 Like

Turn down your voice cha then lol :slight_smile: idk i find these situations funny and entertaining. Once we had Kid who was arguing with father about playing few more minutes, we did hear everything and father pulled of power. We had leaver, but situation kind of made loss not so painfull as we all laughed pretry hard.

1 Like

They literally can’t hear. Voice chat would be completely worthless to someone like that. Even if they are technically in voice chat they can’t hear your call outs or respond to anything that is said.

It would be like you or I joining voice and instantly muting everyone. What’s the point? To make you feel better? What happens when someone says “Why aren’t you responding to call outs?” in text chat. Do you respond with “I’m deaf”? It will lead to people blaming you.

Here’s a good question. Which would you rather: Not in voice at all or be in voice and not respond to call outs?

The former leaves the team with no expectations while the latter fulfills the OPs criteria but fails to meet the objective.

3 Likes

I play competitive for golden guns. And hearing other mouth breathers bothers me to no end plus hinders my concentration.

If the opportunity to make money here arises, And I think about taking things a little more serious then perhaps that will become something I will learn.

Until then… Your opinion is dually noted and put in the file with the other people who complain about this!

2 Likes

If i am not mistaken even some def people can talk. Even if not, if you force everyone to be present in voice chat nothing is going to change for them so i dont understand why to bring them up anyway as argument.

Would you rather I bring up the people who always mock my voice anytime I speak?

Would you rather I just say “OP is taking comp far more seriously than it’s intended to be”?

However I decided to argue it from a disabilities standpoint as it’s the most effective at getting the point across. Not everyone is able or willing to use voice chat to its full potential, yet the OP wants to be the voice of God and dictate what should be done in a game they don’t have control over.

Perhaps they would be more suited to playing single player strategy or God-sim games where they have all the control in the world. I hear Doshin the Giant is a good game.

Does that explain the context to which I made my argument?

1 Like

Well its not fun, but you can still mute them, I had some toxic responses on US server too, mal ng fun if me because of my accent. These things happens, try to not think about it too much. Mute and ignore.

Well i belive that team mates who dont join voice chat take comp seriously at all. Comp should be taken seriously but it is still a game so i think its right to be somewhere in the middle :slight_smile:

I would like to point out that you playing in US might be affecting your opinion same as mine while play in EU. We who play in EU suffer a lot because there is very little team work in ranks below diamond and communication in many games is virtualy nonexistent. I am talking about plenty of games which are dead silent, not even “hello” at start. People outside of voice is big issue in eu. I dont see that problem when playing on US server at all.

I’m confused…how does the OP’s suggestion in any way affect deaf people…I thought the OP was saying that they wanted voice chat forced at start and make players have to mute people. Isn’t this an irrelevant point for deaf people as they are already playing hearing nothing?

2 Likes

Ahh missed this thanks. Frankly I think Deaf people have the advantage here…not only does chat not do anything for them but they have an excuse if people complain like jerks haha!