You're here to compete. Voice Comms should be compulsory

You have the power to mute people. The toxic mentality of people needing to shield themselves from theoretical negative interactions facilitates them. Any game someone doesn’t join team comms is a loss. I’ve recorded all of my matches and the results for around 50 games and if people were in team chats. Even if someone does not answer because they don’t want to speak for whatever reason is fine. If someone is being toxic, muting them is great. Forget them. But this game is centered around cooperative play and expedient reaction times. If you really think you’ll make it somewhere without communicating with your team you’re a problem player and your denial of this is the reason you’ll never climb.

If you don’t want to work with a team - do not play a team-based game mode. Go play quick play. Competitive is for those who care and want to win.

And no: someone shouldn’t be required to six stack to ensure everyones on comms.

6 Likes

So, ontop of buying the game, your going to force players to buy headphones or speakers, and a mic, for a minimum of $75, just to play this game? I might have these things, but I have a job, not everyone does, should we next say you can only play with top tier internet? Hows about if you cant hit 144 fps the game doesn’t load? Oh you live in a hot zone for power outages? No game for you.
Just stop assuming everyone has a mic, or can even afford one (most of ya’ll are minors with no job and need money from the parents to get things).

7 Likes

Despite having a job, it seems like you might struggle with reading comprehension. This point is addressed in the original post where I stated:

It does not matter if you choose to speak.

You do not need a microphone to be able to hear your teammates coordinate an ult or push or indicate you will follow up. Nice try with the straw man argument. Also you’re very uninformed if you think a headset an microphone costs more then $15. People shouldn’t be playing this game without sound, if they don’t have speakers of some kind i don’t even know what to say to you.

3 Likes

What? Didn’t you know that these people are here to compete? That means you all need to try as hard as they do at all times and be as well equipped as they are and if you don’t follow the convoluted instruction they give or play around their exact plans then you’re throwing.

Oh and we’ll just ignore the fact that people can and will just mute their mic and say “don’t have one” if forced in the voice channel, not to mention either turning the volume for in game chat to 0 or muting everyone at the start of the round.

Not to mention god forbid the people who want specific teammates or levels of coordination from teammates be asked to make their own teams instead of making the game do it for them. Obviously if everyone’s in voice they’ll automatically be coordinated and work well together as a team. They won’t be several people trying to give commands and instructions for completely different strategies, cluttering the comms while blaming each other for throwing because they didn’t listen to the 6 commands being given by 6 people. Yeah the dva and Genji running dive while rein and brig run brawl and bap and bastion run bunker is a great tactic of coordination.

The reality is that the people who feel the most need to control their teammates, whether in terms of in comms or not, what tactic they run, or whether they play a hero they themselves actually want to play/know how to play vs what their godly teammate is ordering them to play, are always the ones that end up being the most toxic in matches once it starts to go south. We get it, you want to try hard and win, go take that effort and energy and put it towards finding other people who do too. If they’re such a majority then they should be easy to find.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, I’m a grade 10 dropout with a full time job that pays a little over $23/hour, I’m sorry I didn’t “comprehend” that all players should be forced into something they don’t want, because one person demands it, again sorry, I dropped out of high school.
And on that topic, sure, force me to speak, so I can be perma silenced in game, it’s not that I’m toxic, but I speak with a huge amount of vulgarity and swearing, I don’t even realize it.

What about the deaf players? Specifically the ones that have made it to Master+ rank? do you think the game gives them call outs in sign language? They still made it, stop with the excuses.

As a Canadian, the cheapest headset, and your lucky if it works, at least in my experience, is $66.99+tax.

Again, your saying, even as minimal as they are, the deaf community should not play online games, I know your stance now.

And Zues, I would love to comment on some of that, but I think you hit the nail on the head.

3 Likes

Deaf people exist but you don’t seem to care.

9 Likes

Honestly, you wanna actaclown, as an unknown player, I will help you at every turn, ask for help? I will try my best, better than me? That’s great! Worse player than me? Here’s some tips to improve.

My tip to you in this post: Stop being ignorant, not everyone can abide by what you want. Be it mentally, physically, forced, or out of their control.

1 Like

silly people with silly arguments

Salty people with salty arguments. Just stop.

1 Like

You didn’t address the argument unless your response is “Deaf people are silly”.

4 Likes

My comment stands, people are satly.

3 Likes

I don’t think you have any idea what “Compulsory” means…
I choose to mute everyone every game because it’s better for me and them.

1 Like

If you are interested in true competition, you should know that every “competitive” ranked match is handicapped with MMR. Handicapping makes competitive Overwatch a farce. More information in my thread:

1 Like

I think that competitive games with team has different requirements than single player games. So yeah team communication is somehow important and i did many games where ability to listen decided outcome. Its nothing hard to click join voice chat. Only being able to listen or do simple call out once in match can have huge impact.

I get it some dont have money to buy a mic, ok so atleast be present in voice and listen.

Well, this is exactly what will happen because if you will play comp while there are frequent power outages in your location, you will be banned from comp pretty fast for leaving.

Ok but how many players will do this? Its kind of extreme and weird rebel aproach.

You talk about it like 6 players in voice is issue now :slight_smile: , idk about US, but i have played plenty of games with everyone in voice and didnt experience what you say. Maybe one match out of 100.

I want to have best chance to win the match. Experience showed me that teams which has players present in voice chat has better chance to win. I dont want to command others, sometimes i want to make suggestions or i just want everyobe to be listen when our support tell us about reaper sneaking behind.

They made it, ok they are great players who made it there even with being deaf. What does that tell us? I can ride the bike without holding it with hands. Is it better and more effective than riding it with hands? I dont think so. So yeah, you can certainly climb to gm without coms but why to add disadvantage if you dont have to and if you can hear and talk.

Also I keep seeing this argument over and over again like people have some kind of autority to speak for players who are deaf. I would like to see what they would say to this topic.

They do exist, how is the suggestion bad for them?

And silly salty reactions wont help your case either :slight_smile: . I get ity people dont agree with you but try to not insult them.

1 Like

I don’t think so, I stopped joining voice chat ever since the incident.

So basically, some dps was screaming at the top of his lungs because I was healing dva instead of him and his mom was telling him to be quiet so um yeah.

Also, some people may be deaf and mute so they are getting banned I guess, I thought overwatch was inclusive.

1 Like

Seriously, this made you to leave voice chat for good? Thats hilarious, i would just laugh and go next match with smile on my face.

1 Like

Oh really, is it hilarious to get hearing damage from some grown man-child (or woman-child (or trans child (or (oh common)))?

Anyway, it’s definitely not good for your health to get jump scared all the time.

1 Like

Turn down your voice cha then lol :slight_smile: idk i find these situations funny and entertaining. Once we had Kid who was arguing with father about playing few more minutes, we did hear everything and father pulled of power. We had leaver, but situation kind of made loss not so painfull as we all laughed pretry hard.

1 Like

They literally can’t hear. Voice chat would be completely worthless to someone like that. Even if they are technically in voice chat they can’t hear your call outs or respond to anything that is said.

It would be like you or I joining voice and instantly muting everyone. What’s the point? To make you feel better? What happens when someone says “Why aren’t you responding to call outs?” in text chat. Do you respond with “I’m deaf”? It will lead to people blaming you.

Here’s a good question. Which would you rather: Not in voice at all or be in voice and not respond to call outs?

The former leaves the team with no expectations while the latter fulfills the OPs criteria but fails to meet the objective.

3 Likes

I play competitive for golden guns. And hearing other mouth breathers bothers me to no end plus hinders my concentration.

If the opportunity to make money here arises, And I think about taking things a little more serious then perhaps that will become something I will learn.

Until then… Your opinion is dually noted and put in the file with the other people who complain about this!

2 Likes