You will not receive experience for this match if you remain inactive

No the kick comes from being AFK, meaning standing still for a long time. This is an additional penalty, as long as you move around you wont be kicked. But not hitting anything for a certain time will remove all your earned xp from that round.

They are separate.

Before, I was getting kicked for not SHOOTING anyone. I was moving but the countdown appeared anyway. I had to hit someone within that countdown or be kicked. To be fair, I was just messing around, hence not having shot anyone for a while lol.

I have not tested to see if this is still the case in new deathmatches since I’m too worried about not getting my xp. I just assumed that system was replaced by the no xp system.

Yes sorry i had a brainfart. Yes you are right, you could get kicked before for not attacking for a while. Now they are separate.

that keeps happening to me too. even though im just trying to find everyone on the map mostly on petra they should get rid of that thing

I just finished a round as Junkrat. I was in first or second place all through the match, ended up winning and POTG was my final two kills, and it still applied the 0 xp penalty!
What do I have to do to get xp!?! Win in half the time with no one even close to my score?

maybe the game is broken like it’s not working

Thank you for the update! Being pinged about inactivity on low mobility heroes (or if you’re just not at a great skill level yet) is a real bummer. Sometimes running around trying to swing at these mobile young kids in Eichenwalde is hard for an old Crusader!