You will not receive experience for this match if you remain inactive

Playing Hanzo in FFA the game apparently decided I was inactive because I had only 7 kills and 15 assists. Is playing badly now considered being inactive?

EDIT: maybe I should note that I really really tried to get things done in that match, I was just unlucky so the game decides to not give any exp?

12 Likes

Same here.

Seems to be related to Hanzo on FFA. Still, it’s good it doesn’t actually throw you from the game for “inactivity”.

2 Likes

yup still happening, and it can throw, sometimes it needs a hit but once or twice even that wasnt good enough :frowning:

1 Like

Just posted on another topic about this.

''Were you playing as hanzo?

This was happening every single ffa with me as hanzo ever since his update. Took me a while to readjust to his arrow speed so was missing loads of shots and getting the message.

I don’t care about xp so didn’t notice if I was getting any or not. The message annoyed me the most.’’

1 Like

Same thing here, during deathmatch. Hard to be inactive when you are constantly running and shooting. I have not gained any exp in 4 random matches over the past 3 days.

1 Like

Same here. Playing widow. 0 xp granted after FFA match - I played the entire match. Got like… 5th place or something.

1 Like

Not sure if this is a bug tbh. This happens to me all the time playing Ana now. And i have met people playing Reinhardt where this is a huge issue.

I think they implemented this on purpose, for some weird reason.

3 Likes

This still keeps happening to me. Last week when i played Hanzo and just now With Doomfist. I wasn’t afk, just bad. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

1 Like

Just happened on petra FFA with junkrat, was removed for inactivity a bit after the warning - I don’t think I stood still once the whole match.

4 Likes

This bug happened to me. Hanzo on Petra FFA, constantly moving & shooting & it flashes this message several times during the match. Ended in 4th place, & I was getting the message even when I was in first for a while, so it’s not like it has to do with your performance. Don’t think I got any XP for it either, though I did get the win towards a weekly lootbox.

2 Likes

Same here, always in FFA, quite annoying

1 Like

I get it as Moira in FFA, but nothing ever happens…

1 Like

I got it as Hanzo in FFA, and I actually got kicked out for inactivity as Ana in Junkenstein’s Revenge the other day. I wasn’t being inactive in either. Haven’t been closely checking XP but it’s hardly gone up the past day or so.

1 Like

Just happened to me too. Playing Phara on Petra and got the message halfway through a game. Only got xp becuase it was my first win of the day 1500. Nothing else for it.

1 Like

This is getting ridiculous. I got second place and still this keeps happening to me. There has to bo some kind fix for this.

This happened to me twice this week. I was playing as Moira in comp FFA. I finished the match in 2nd place but received zero xp. It happened again today as Junkrat.

I received this message today, while playing as Soldier 76…

I am pretty annoyed by this message, I was looking forward to comp DM but the message has turned me off of it.

1 Like

I just came in first in competitive FFA with Hanzo. I still got 0 xp. How could I be afk and still win?

1 Like

I just came in first in competitive FFA with Hanzo. I still got 0 xp. How could I be afk and still win?

Did you win by time limit or 20 kill count. If it is the latter, that is pretty sad.