You went full Activision, you NEVER go full Activision

Investors are solely for setup, all access, ads, and bits are there to keep it running

I play HotS so the time investment didn’t really bother me. The issue I had was my PC at the time just couldn’t run the game. As a console player it was very frustrating with linking accounts and all that.

I didn’t mind the HotS promotion angle but this seems wrong. I get that their trying to get more money through OWL but this doesn’t seem right. If they want more money from OWL they should just lower the team skin prices and make cheaper bundles. Maybe for all the teams that made the playoffs?

Can someone explain what the OWL season pass even gets you? Isn’t it mostly twitch stuff?

It’s a company. A company is here to make money.

You aren’t being forced to do anything. You can just opt to not give them any of your money and life goes on exactly the same.

They announced it early as a ‘Last Chance’ so people like you wouldn’t be even more mad than you already are

Pretty sure it’s the latter lol

1 Like

Companies aren’t there to just make money. You make money when you go to work. They need to grow. You’d know that if you had any life experience at “28”

It’s how they do it that matters.

The main purpose of a business is to grow yes, how exactly do you grow? Oh would you look at that! With money!

Money is a biproduct, it doesn’t make businesses grow.

If it did they wouldn’t need customers.

Why am I explaining this to you lol.

How do you grow a business?

Because you came in here acting like you know everything about business

Customer loyalty and satisfaction. If your customers are satisfied they will be loyal and naturally will grow your business for you.

Actually, that is exactly what they are there for. To make money.

The more money Blizzard pulls in with their dumb passes, the better revenue sheet they can show their investors, and the more money Blizzard eventually gets.

You can only grow without money to a certain extent though. For example building capacity. You need to spend money to make money etc.

This is blizzard we are talking about.

And? They still need a steady income to remain active

2 Likes

You can’t argue with them. They don’t understand basic economics, and believe everything in life should be free. And if they can’t get it free, they’ll complain in hopes of getting it free.

2 Likes

I mean, look what happended with oni genji and officer d.va

Actually… 99% of companies are made just for making money…

4 Likes

You’re basically backing up what I said here by saying businesses need to grow.

Growth isn’t an issue. Wanting more money isn’t a problem but how they do it is another story.

I’m not totally against you on this one.

But this is an emote we’re talking about, and the whole “I want” attitude from the Overwatch playerbase that irks me.

1 Like

I really don’t care about the emote…

I know there are people that do want it, but I really don’t. I’m sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

What I care about is how a company goes about its business because that affects everyone and not just me.

Here are all my posts from this thread:

Summary

I think it’s important to keep a company in check. But hey, it’s not my business.