You should play the heroes that you want to play, not what someone else tells you to play

Nobody is in the right to pressure you off your pick. You chose that hero to play for reasons that top all the other heroes in that role… even if it is because you find that hero fun. If you are not getting enjoyment, then what are you playing for? If you feel the need to swap to a different hero, then that is your best judgement and your team should continue to work with it for one end goal.

It is nobody else’s place to tell you who to play. If they want to coordinate the hero selections and play to win, and only win, then they can get in a six-stack group and whatever happens happens.

You should not report others, or jump at the throats of others, who refuse to let you play their game. Work with them instead.

There is absolutely zero expectation for random queues to adhere to your demands. None.

While okay to suggest (in the proper manner), in no way is there obligation to honor it. For them to do so, it just enables and rewards the behavior.

Happy New Year.

35 Likes

can’t, D.va is useless… :worried:

9 Likes

Well said sir. Well said…

3 Likes

Fully agree! I haven’t swapped off Doomfist for 3 seasons straight now. What’s the point of playing if it’s not fun after all.

4 Likes

That is heresy on these forums.

There are so many talented people who can make some ridiculous plays with every hero. As frustrated as I get with a tracer decimating me, or a doomfist pinballing me across the entire map… I have to give it to them. They put in that time and effort. That stuff isn’t easy.

If low level players can take a trail-mix composition of heroes and really work together, then I don’t see why that ‘one person’ in another game should be singled out by someone who has some premeditated idea in mind.

A single player who kinda knows what they’re doing might not make much difference… but six people who kinda know what they’re doing can win games, I don’t get why anyone would try and invoke a hero change, rather than playing what is dealt… at any level.

Low levels people play who they are comfortable with, for the most part. High level, I assume people play who they feel best suits the situation. They should already know if a change needs to be made… if they don’t, then it’s a learning experience. But at no point would I put it past them to make great use of whichever hero they’re currently on.

3 Likes

It’s a counter play game, devs are trying to reduce hard countering, but still there’s some in the game. You play what you want, you get hard countered, you lose, you don’t complain, but your teammates will.

15 Likes

Though if you are unable to play the hero and you’re feeding and doing nothing, please don’t label those who suggest you’re better off switching as “toxic” and report 'em.

2 Likes

Play whatever heroes you want… … unless those heroes are Pharah, Doom, Hanzo, Widow, or Sigma.

2 Likes

Play whatever you want but if you spend the majority of the match feeding on the same hero and basically doing nothing then don’t be surprised about being reported.
If you knowingly put your team at a disadvantage after you’ve been asked or kindly suggested to do something else then they are more than allowed to call you out for gameplay sabotage.
Let’s end this “Play what you want and don’t care about your team in a team game uwu” snowflake attitude in 2020.

3 Likes

It isn’t black and white… most people I have played with have been fairly dynamic. Hero swaps are not uncommon, I am starting to get a feel for it myself. As the skill level goes up, it is expected that those players will adjust with enemy composition, while still playing who they want to play.

The idea is that nobody should tell you who to play and when. As for teammates complaining… I have seen them complain for less. If people communicate in a positive manner, and suggest a change or indicate a problem that a person in the responsible role may have overlooked, then there is a good chance that there won’t be any complaining… even if you take an L.

Yeah sorry but if you refuse to swap off Zen when you’re versing Winton Hammond doomfist and tracer all on the enemy team, you’re getting reported.

6 Likes

“Gameplay sabotaged is not a refusal to switch your hero “ or something like that.
P sure this is false reporting

5 Likes

I am far from a snowflake, and it cuts both ways. If I am butthurt, then as is the opposition.

If you random queue, then the best you can hope for is that each player is acting in their best interest. Obviously sitting in spawn for the entire match, running off the map, or feeding is sabotage… regardless of the hero I pick. Any person who is playing the game and putting forth some effort is fine.

What if your Ashe is having a rough game, in 15 deaths, she manages 4 kills… but that person picked Ashe because they are comfortable with her and uses their best judgement to try and make it happen. No other hero is going to save her from your nasty opposition. Are you going to report her as you would anyone else with the same contribution?

If someone toggles on hacks, or says some abusive stuff in chat… that is very objective. But just be careful on where you draw the line on what sabotage/throwing is. Far too many people act on their emotions. Majority of ‘sabotage’ stems from other teammates negative actions.

3 Likes

Wrong.

1. You shouldnt go in competitive if your 1st priority is fun , 2nd desire to win. Thats what quickplay is made for.

2. You can and should get pressured off your hero … by the enemy :slight_smile:

3. You can and will meet a person wanting to play same hero… learn to play and have fun on more than 1 hero

4. optional… you can be a nice player and help your team to fill the last missing piece in a combo.

5. Fun.

Remember, YOU bought a team game.

Uh…? Nah that’s someone that needs to go back to the shooting gallery and practice.

How does it take someone 15 deaths to realize they’re playing like crap? After 2 or 3 misplays it should be apparent that you need to slow it down a bit and play behind your team as a dps

2 Likes

Kinda feels like the snowflakes are the ones constantly whining about people enjoying themselves in a video game.

Further, if you’re at the same SR, you’re winning similar numbers of games against similarly ranked opponents; the whining makes even less objective sense with this in mind.

Remember kids, just because you didn’t win doesn’t make you a loser …

We have all had a bad game where we have been steamrolled. I was just trying to make a scenario for the other couple people’s arguments.

We need to take a step back on what we consider reportable when it comes to what is considered sabotage is all I am saying. Personally, if someone is just not outputting at MY expectations, I don’t jump to the conclusion they are throwing. I accept the fact I have queued with random people and I assume the opposition may just be playing a bit better, or we (as a team) are just having a bad game.

I could throw a match by just conveniently mis-timing ults or heals, or barriers for shatters… Do you feel like you should be the judge who gets some innocent player banned who is still learning?

1 Like

It’s still a game first and competitive second. Lot of people in sports even forget that.

2 Likes