You owe DPS and Tanks heals at all costs but

Or, wild concept. They design the game around the playerbase they have, or are likely to get.

And let the rest of the people who are in the extreme minority, either adapt, or quit.

I think the devs would greatly prefer having 5% of their players be unhappy, rather than making 80% of their players unhappy.

Especially if that 5% would also cause them to lose anywhere between 20-50% of their current&potential playerbase, due to bad queue times, and a lopsided weak matchmaker.

No dude. Thats not how game design works. You make the game you want to make and the players play it. Or they don’t.

To hell with game devs that build their game around what the community thinks. The community is 99% idiots.

I’m done here. We are off topic.

1 Like

Where do you get your concept of game design where “Design the Game around a playerbase you will never have” makes sense?

Go to collage for game design and programming and help release a couple games, then come back.

if only all the players in the game understood and knew this .one can wish this will be a reality one day

I’ve guessed most the major design features this game has had in the last 2 years, as well as the near specifics of balance changes for Roadhog and Mei.

I also got about 40 changes into a game called PlanetSide, including how all the 40 or so base/warpgate links are structured, with emails back and forth with their executive producer. I also wrote an installer that the devs later copied that pulled in +30,000 downloads in a community led marketing campaign.

And previous to that I wrote a server modification for TRIBES called Shifter_v1G, that had about 40 servers running it, and ran in tournaments for 2 years with about 30 team.

What you got?

I already told you if you’d read, but considering how many times you asked me one question because you didn’t get the answer you wanted, you’re just part of the 99%

I just looked up through the thread and didn’t see anything that would imply you have a significant amount of PVP game design experience.

You mean to say support get targeted the most and they hate it? Omg big surprise if you work on the game overwatch. Isnt it crazy how no one wants to play the hero role whose death assures the other teams victory at any given time? Youd have to be a genius to see how no one would enjoy running from death all game with little to stop it and no one to help. Good call with the 5v5 instead of nerfing barriers lets just make one less tank to peel for supports and have no one want to play them cause unless you pick moira you are target practice.

Honestly though, maybe blizzard is providing jobs for those with mental handicaps and giving back to the community. I cant see any intelligent design in ow2 directed towards supports what-so-ever…

1 Like

That’s over-simplistic. Commercial design is a two-way street. You can design a game that no one else wants to play if you like, but using a million-dollar budget to do that tends to be a bad idea.

Well, tbh, Im a flex player, but I hate the support players in OW 2. Used to be dps, but supports managed to be worst, cause they just refuses to heal most of t he time. Doesnt matter if its qp or comp, if you or your friend isnt on support queu, theres no heals the whole match.

I usually report them a lot nowadays

Unfortunately correct, OW1 enforced (at least on a QP level) the mentality that supports=healers as a class. This is why a lot of content creators (or at least the ones I watch anyway) have to repeatedly tell people on stream or during videos that support isn’t only healing.

5v5 as a format has freed me from that idea though. So now instead of trying to pay attention to my team and keep everyone topped up as much as possible I’m very selective of who I heal and when and honestly it feels great. If I wanted to focus heavily on healing I’d either play Mercy or Brig.

But there’s a reason why Zen was my main support in OW1 and now in OW2 I flip between Bap and Kiriko. I like being able to do more. I like having more responsibility and capabilities.

T traps be wildin’ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

yeah so basically you play like a selfless girl. im more hedonistic.

I don’t know why you’re making this personal, when I’m only telling you what does and doesn’t work at higher ranks.

im not sure why you think i made it personal, im just saying i dont play like a chick >_>

Congrats on admitting you’re abusing the report function.

I know you’re lying because you’re talking about ‘not getting healed’ instead of ‘the support had more DPS than healing.’ More likely you’re just not getting healed because you ran off on your own or you’re dying so fast that nothing could save you, let alone a support.

1 Like

This is why I don’t leave the house
You say the coast is clear
But you won’t catch me out
Oh, why? This is why

You literally said “you play like a chick”, directed as if that applied to me.

It’s also complete nonsense; that’s how Mercys play at higher ranks in general. Bringing up gender is just dumb.

i didn’t do that, no offense to you at all. my bad.