You have got to be kidding me

It’s the year of the rabbit, and we aren’t getting a rabbit themed D.Va skin? D.Va’s whole aesthetic is rabbit. Tokki is rabbit in Korean! Her gun is called the bunny blaster. She has a bunny hop emote. She has a voice line saying “this rabbit fights back”. But they’re giving Mei a rabbit themed skin?

I can’t believe they’re going to miss this opportunity.

66 Likes

Holy cow i agree so hard with this

11 Likes

I assume this is a paid skin

1 Like

tbh thats a good point. but i dont expect blizzard to have good ideas for skins anymore. the skins they put out nowadays in 9/10 cases i find super tasteless and ugly. they give off this free2play vibe, this fortnite copy kind of vibe that is designed to appeal to younger people.

13 Likes

i mean, it is logical
but you know

2 Likes

Makes me sad. I figured we weren’t getting a sexy bunny girl outfit for her. But SOMETHING bunny themed would be nice.

7 Likes

Mei is Chinese. Figure it out.

2 Likes

:person_shrugging:

Koreans also celebrate Chinese New Year.

7 Likes

I agree with everything except this part. Mei’s skin literally is “Tiger Head Hat.”, so it’s not a rabbit skin.

Consider the relative sizes of the markets.

1 Like

They only have themself to blame.

D.Va is much much more popular of a character than Mei. It only makes sense to give D.Va a bunny skin.

5 Likes

Fair point. I didn’t realize this. The ears looked rabbit like and I don’t read Chinese so I didn’t know that’s what it meant.

2 Likes

OW2 shuts down in the Chinese market on Jan 23rd. So, that market is going to be 0 real soon.

2 Likes

This event was likely planned months ago, before negotiations with netease shut down.

literal translation of her skin is tiger hat
year of the tiger was also 2022
maybe next year, we’ll get a dva bunny skin instead of hanzo/genji getting something dragon themed
then we can get the dragon themes in 2025 and the snake lucio/widow skins discounted or something

idk

4 Likes

Still. D.Va is a much more popular character, in all markets. And she’s specifically Rabbit themed. Not to mention the Korean gaming market is actually really big.

6 Likes

looks like it’s up to the 34 artists again

8 Likes

True, they really dropped the ball with this event and year.

D.va would have been perfect

Just saw the post above me lol :joy:
Artists got blizzard beat in that department for sure :wink:

3 Likes