You have DESTROYED Sym

The new Symmetra is really growing on me. Sure I miss some of the qualities old Symmetra had (shield generator and piercing alt fire) but the new Symmetra can actually contribute a lot more now and she is also very viable for attack in her current state.

The biggest throwback is that you have to use an extra button that has never been used anywhere else in order to use the teleporter. Most players havenā€™t even bound the ā€œinteractā€-key. It also takes too long to place the telie. Once it is up everyone else has already ran past you. So no one uses it but Symmetra itself. With that in mind, itā€™s underpowered.

Maybe if the turrets were deployed when you let go of shift rather than when you press it, so that if you hold it down, an indicator showing where the turret would land would appear. I like this idea :smiley:

i barely have time to read the text on the teleport, it last too short to be usefull

sombraā€™s new translocater uses said button to destroy itself

I honestly donā€™t think youā€™ve played Sym 3.0 much more than maybe a couple matches.

With no intention of being rude to you, you list a lot of characters that you believe have been ā€˜ruinedā€™
Your hatred over this issue seems very severe and perhaps you should take a break rather then making posts and getting feedback that will only fuel your anger.

LOL

Honestly, I just sit here and laugh at how wrong everyone is. If yall think Sym is so awesomeā€¦ fine. Letā€™s just wait and watch the stats because I know she is terrible and needs more work.

She is so bad that she shouldnā€™t have even been put into comp. Period. The turret bugs are insane and her gun is an absolute joke.

And you must be playing another game if you think those heroes I listed are any good because you could honestly just delete them from the game and it would have 0 effect on the ā€œmetaā€ā€¦other than Mercy of course because she is insanely OP

Overwatch = balance nightmare

Yeah shes even worse than she was, but I donā€™t care. I hate Symmetra. I hate EVERYTHING about Symmetra. Sound of her voice, emotes, skins, abilities, walk animation, and her overall vibe or attitude. I never hated a character in a game more than Symmetra

1 Like

Thats how I feel about Tracer. LOL

1 Like

Another case of incredible bias that clearly stems from elsewhere even before the rework, and thus your opinion should be ignored by the developers.

Canā€™t say that about me. I absolutely adore Sym. She is an icon. Im terribly heartbroken that they destroyed her kit. There are some good ideas with the rework but 100% terrible execution and lacks direction.

Ironically, she plays more like a support than she ever has before.

1 Like

I already did, scroll up.

You clearly hold a bias against this game and itā€™s balance choices and I have absolutely no doubt that took part in your opinion with Symmetra.

You also understand that stating she is terrible, without going into depth about why she is terrible doesnā€™t really do much for the developers.
I could just as easily say that she was executed 100% perfectly and has the most direction in the game which you, if you continue using the same argumentative tactics as you are currently, would have nothing to say against besides ā€œyou are wrong.ā€

Ive already made plenty of suggestions. Not that it matters because people just say suggestions are terrible and blah blah blah.

You can never win with people on this forum no matter what. People have their opinions and there is nothing you can do to change it.

Againā€¦ not that any of this matters because they never read anything on here anyway. Have you looked at the Mercy mega thread??? lol

And if you really cared and wanted to actually read some suggestionsā€¦ here ya go:

1 Like

Soā€¦ you already made a thread about this, and decided to clutter the forums even more with less detailed, less constructive threads about topics you have already discussed?
What is the point of this thread?

You canā€™t prove thatā€¦
Not replying. =/= Not reading.

She literally needs a minor tweak in her primary fire and you call her joke? ok.

1 Like

When someone is absolutely unhinged and posting threads on the forums

2 Likes

Not a healthy way to be, I could care less for state of the game-its the players that slightly concern me.
Apologies if Iā€™m being a nag, just trying to look out for you.
Try to enjoy symmetra, she is our supreme goddess after all.

Ive tried to enjoy her. I love her so much. But I just canā€™t. She needs work and if people refuse to believe that, then thats fine. I can be patient and wait for her stats to fall like all the other versions before 3.0.

Ill see you in a year when we get 4.0

sym in my opinion is now a high ā€œcommunicationā€ hero. much like how sombras emp works, u have to coordinate with ur team to make her the MOST effective.

ive noticed something recently in a match (qp) that bothered me and we lost. we had a sym who did not communicate and it was on dorado on attack. i flexed to tank (orisa) to push the pay load. our sym kept placing teles all over the place and the team kept teleporting here and there. i often found my self thinking that my team was behind me as i set up on the payload, only to die because my team was 100 feet above me on some random rooftop and not pushing the payload with me. (like u knowā€¦ ur supposed to doā€¦) this happened repeatedly and we lost never reaching second point.

so, just because a solo rambo sym places a tele, does not mean u automatically should take it. PUSH THE PAYLOAD, dont worry about some ninja flank.

and thats what bothers me about sym. people think they can do some god tier flanks to auto win, while the enemy team just turtles up and easily defends.

1 Like