You have DESTROYED Sym

Sym is such a total joke. You have completely ruined her. She is a DPS hero without a gun. Her Tele is the only good thing about 3.0 and even that is clunky. The placement system is a joke. Its so buggy.

I am so mad at the balance team. They have ruined so many heroes in this game. Im so sick of it. Ana. Bastion. Sombra. Mercy. Torb. Mei. Reaper. I could go on…

Instead of trying to balance the game to enforce or change a meta, just balance the game for the heroes that need it and let the meta sort itself out.

27 Likes

Personally I am happy with the changes, if you are good at avoiding contact her beam is ridiculous. Plus, 3 turrets makes it easier to remove them but the damage is powerful enough to punish a lack of attention.

However this is just my opinion, to each their own.

33 Likes

I rather enjoy new sym. Her left click needs a bit of tuning but the rest of her kit is great.

15 Likes

Yea, I think her left click is quite situational, outside of that the rest of her kit is very good.

8 Likes

old symmetra was basically unplayable outside 2 points in entire game. New is somewhat around mei and soldier

19 Likes

I couldn’t imagine how difficult is this game for you while you are in bronze and actually have no game knowledge :tired_face:

Multiple of those never really got nerfed, in fact some only got buffs. They might not be good in the metas we have had for the past while, but how does that mean blizz ruined them? Specifically mei, reaper, torb, and ana.

Also, I thought you quit the game a couple months ago?

7 Likes

I did. But I also said that I will keep following the game. I came back to check out the LFG.

I dont have enough good words for how amazing that system is. The game needed it since day 1. I used to ask for it and everyone said it would destroy the game. LOL

But even with great new social features, the game is still a mess because the balance is so bad.

Sym is a joke. I will stand by that until Sym 4.0 comes out.

1 Like

I don’t know, I enjoy her machine gun right click.

People who don’t know how to aim are all over the forum to whine about her weapon.
Sad.

2 Likes

Well, clearly, you are biased against the game since you “left” it for whatever reason. Considering this, I don’t really think the devs should take your opinion into account.
Personally, new Symmetra is a lot more fun than the old Symmetra, and is so much more viable now.

11 Likes

i learned not to trust her for bad situations. shes a squishy who can kill people who dont c her or for squishes.

God forbid Blizzard tries out new things

1 Like

speak for yourself pls. I went from a 67% win rate with symm 2.0 to a 80% winrate with 3.0

All these negative 3.0 Sym threads are all undercover whining about her left click not being EZ mode auto aim anymore.
They can try to misdirect and hide what they really mean but this is the real reason.

4 Likes

Open profile, thats the biggest [Edited by Blizzard] ive ever read. Your prob a genji main who loves the changes.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

I’m a torbjorn/symm main actually my torb is sitting at 63% win rate i’m sure his rework will put it around 75-80%

Some but not all

Even Pro’s are saying that her left click is subpar and needs changes so i dont think its just becasue of the no auto aim thing.

Her beam is only 10 meters long and for the amount of tacking it needs is like a joke really, the tickrate changes made it deal 80 damage at armor at max charge. that is why allot of symm are spamming their orbs because its more useful than the beam.

The reason symm gun has a ramp up in 2.0 is to give enemy a chance to counter her auto lock beam before it reaches at max. 30/60/120 is her weapon damage in 2.0

Now that her weapon no longer locks on, this ramp up should be removed and give her a flat damage and range of 20 to 30 m. I dont care if i need to aim, i play ana and widow as well but atleast give us reason to use symm beam without going into suicide mode. Its her primary after all.

2 Likes

here’s my QP win rates

Symm is 150 games won torbjorn is 194 games won brigitte is 80 games won. Mercy i rarely use XD she has like 23 games won
but because comp seasons are much smaller my numbers are inflated in competive which is where i getting my symmetra 3.0 win rate from

One thing I’d like is if they added an option to, or even just put it in for each player, have something like old sym - you know how she’d be able to put up the 3d turret thing and then place it?

Maybe something like that for easier positioning? IDK

1 Like