You guys are never happy are ya?

Because then you chime into the forums with nonsense.

1 Like

You mean, Blizzard’s exact words copied and pasted? My bad, I thought that was allowed.

1 Like

Like I said, read between the lines. Stop taking things literally.

yup i see what you mean.
lets take a look at the full paragraph:

Q: Why am I hard stuck at a low rating that doesn’t reflect my skill?
A: Ultimately, the only way you can increase your rating is to win more matches than you lose. Since we’re putting any given player on a random team with 9 random other players, with enough matches, that player’s contributions are the only constant factor throughout, so their rating should end up reflecting their skill.

There are some interesting phenomena here, though, that make this more complicated. For example, we have data showing that matches become less predictable the lower the average rating of a match. Predictability is a measure of how likely the favored team is to win because two teams never have identical ratings. One team is always going to be slightly favorite for a variety of reasons: team coordination, gameplay mistakes, and new players who are trying out different roles and 30+ heroes. The result is that we get a little bit less signal to use to calibrate ratings. We’re working on some ways to use the signal we get more clearly, so stay tuned!

so to paraphrase slightly so you see where im coming from:
in my opinion this means:
in low elo matches are a lot more “chaotic”. the “predictability” of the matches suffers, atleast if we only look at the MMR.
because in reality, the actual true ratings of teams might be different from what we measure (eg because of team coordination, gameplay mistakes, and new players who are trying out different roles and 30+ heroes)
we want to investigate how we can change that.
the next answer they give (the one this thread is about) they talk about how they dont reward or punish the mmr or sr gain based on the stats.

they might however in the future matchmake based on who is overperforming or underperforming right now in their games (so they might still track performance in the future but dont use it for the grind but for matchmaking)

2 Likes

SLASH THREAD! Imagine being the OP and thinking kissing up to a bunch of Cosby Room enjoyers is going to make you look good. Imagine being paid to not do your job, but do some extremely illegal stuff and never get reprised for it. What a world!

Imagine thinking Team 4 had anything to do with that. Why are you even here?

I think you’re right. Seems like it’s just very poorly worded.

Predictability is a measure of how likely the favored team is to win because two teams never have identical ratings. One team is always going to be slightly favorite for a variety of reasons

In the first sentence, “favored team” refers to a different team than the one referred to in the second sentence as “slightly favorite.” They are talking about two different teams, using the same descriptor.

1 Like

The devs didn’t say anything new that we don’t already know honestly.

Nothing to be happy about. The game is all over the place. Everyone can see it. the writing is on the wall. Blizzard just may not have that spark anymore.

1 Like

The game is fairly mediocre, or worse, in execution. The basic idea is okay.

But nobody wants to lose like 10 games in a row, which is what this game does to everyone who plays it, at some point. That’s how trash the Matchmaking is. I don’t think anyone should be happy with that.

Having said that, you know, some people are never happy.

1 Like

Also, OW2 dropping steady and hard on Twitch. It’s a metric that Blizzard uses so it isn’t like they don’t know, either.

1 Like

I don’t get it. We complained and they’re addressing it. It takes time to change code and deploy to production. There’s an entire QC/CICD pipeline that it needs to go through. Gamers are so entitled.

Okay but what the heck does that mean?
What stats or measured gameplay are they looking for?
How do you measure “mistakes” and “coordination”?
They aren’t manually reviewing games so SOME kind of algorithm is making placements by some kind of data.
Maybe they are right in stating they aren’t using simple numerical values like damage and healing at the end of your matches to measure where to place your skill but

1. The wording given to how the MMR system works is vague at best.
  2. No one can see their own rank well or why they are going against people with obviously large gaps in skill lower/higher compared to them.

That seems reasonable for people to be pretty annoyed about how this skill placement system which is not explained at all works.

1 Like

Did you know that the vast majority of people that come to forums like these are because they are unhappy with something or like trolling :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t think OW players have been happy since
:spiral_calendar:

2016? 2017?

They wouldn’t have to do any of them, did the game have riveting content for the playerbase to enjoy. When bad communication is brought up, it’s usually because the state of the game is very problematic.

This negative vibe on the forums (and on other media) is the result of the company’s bad management when it comes to Overwatch. It’s up to them to make it right but it seems like they won’t.

1 Like

Im happy when im playing Yakuza, or Terraria, or Payday 2 or y’know a game that cares about its playerbase.

I think there woild be a lot less complaining if the devs stopped making baffling decisions that only hurt the playerbase

When was the last time you saw someone make a notable complaint against Terraria?

1 Like

It’s as if delusional people will try and remain in their delusion

2 Likes

Wait wait wait… I know how they did it.
Turns of Forced 50/50 matches
“We do not force 50/50 matches.”

Turns off forced loss streaks and win streaks
“We don’t force win or loss streaks.”

2 Likes

No it’s more like

the devs tell you they’re keeping rank updates but at 5 wins and 15 losses- “no that’s not what we want, remove them entirely, thank you”