You guys are never happy are ya?

No it doesn’t. It’s completely in line with everything they’ve stated in the past. A lot of people are just really dumb and just didn’t understand what we’ve been told and misinterpreted things they’ve said.

2 Likes

You are not even in the same galaxy as what I’m talking about.

1 Like

no i dont think so. whatever the devs say its only gonna spark new conspiracy theories bc
a) they read it wrong or dont understand whats being said
b) they just say the devs are lying

3 Likes

So you’re saying that by their logic, a person who throws a Pulse Bomb into a DVa Matrix is on the same level as someone who sticks one?

(That’s why they prefer hanging out on Reddit (r/overwatch and r/competitiveoverwatch)).

No, that’s not what I’m saying at all. Not even close.

MMR works very similarly to SR. There are some minor differences that make it feel worse though, when you just watch that number. For example, it’s possible to win a match and not gain any MMR. We make it so that if you win a match, you always gain SR – even if it’s just a little bit – to feel psychologically rewarding.

That was blizzard just a few years ago. If winning doesn’t increase your MMR, what does? Now they’re saying that winning is the only thing that increases your MMR. Either they were wrong in the past, or they changed their system.

1 Like

i read that as “ow is so much more than MMR and thats why games between evenly matched teams can also feel like steamrolls which is why we investigate methods to use the metrics we do actually use to matchmake in a more meaningful way” tell me if im wrong but the quote is from the part where they talk about why matches feel like steamrolls right?

1 Like

I think they are still leaving out how a scarcity of Support players is the root cause of the matchmaker issues.

1 Like

I’ve got a hair regrow method for you. I’ll tell you how it works: it makes you regrow your hair.

Also, for some reason they still don’t have a proper soloqueue system. So yeah, no. Best way to endSR discrepancy if groups are the main driving factor is… DUH, allowing people to SOLO QUEUE.

You’re being pissed on and they tell you it’s raining.<

They’ve been trying to balance in for new accounts and how they could somehow shovel them into games and it just didn’t work. They can put it into nice words and become all “career politician” about it, for sure.

It’s in response to the question about why someone might feel stuck in a lower rank than they should be.

They claim they only use one – MMR. Which is why the other list of factors is confusing, as it’s not supposed to exist – yet they claim these things make a team “favored” in teh view of the matchmaker.

You do realize that this means a team that barely communicates, including pings, players who make mistakes, and new players on a team will not do better than a team who does all of those right?

Sorry, but…

• Where did they explain how mmr is calculated, all the factors it does/not consider, and where it can be seen?
  • Where did they address if/why lobbies aren’t random around a rank but are rigged/forced?
  • Where did they address if/why there is any other kind of in-game param modification to decide “fairness”, such as engagement metrics or dynamic hitreg/box scaling and i/o throttling?
  • Where did they post the code, since they have zero things to hide?

Sorry but we still have no idea how we’re being scored and what we’re competing for.

1 Like

Yes. But that’s still not what I’m talking about. Are you high? You haven’t said one thing relevant to this discussion yet.

“Winning is the only thing that increases your MMR” just means that you cannot gain MMR through other means. A win can still result in no gain of MMR. Those are not contradictory statements.

2 Likes

I won’t be happy until they give me and me alone 3,000 HP on every hero I choose, 2,000 damage per bullet on every hero I choose, and aimbot.

That’s exactly what you’re talking about. You saying it’s contradictory when it isn’t. A team that doesn’t comm, make mistakes, or has new players on their team may do worse than a team who doesn’t have new players, comms, and barely makes mistakes. The MM isn’t factoring stuff it can’t factor in. How about you stop being mad to be mad?

1 Like

Then why did Blizzard say it does? Why does the game assign the status of “favored” team based on these metrics? Or if it doesn’t, why did Blizzard say it does?

Maybe don’t take it literally. It’ll make your life easier if you don’t take everything literally. There is something called reading between the lines.

Why the hell not? lmao

Amazing argument.

1 Like