You gotta feel for mercy players

You should have more empathy then. Take this as General life advice. It’s not hard to go “that sucks, man.”
Like if people feel something it doesn’t mean you don’t. It’s not a competition for who feels worse.

You’re right it’s not a competition but I also pretty plainly stated i didn’t feel empathy for those Mercy players anyways. I hold empathy for the people who get banned for playing the hero they want not the ones who get told they were boosted and are a must pick.

Mercy? Fun? No. She’s boring right now and her ultimate is weaker than everyone elses right now. Is she Balanced? yes.

Anyways where’s everyone to feel for the D.Va and hog players jw

Mercy is not more or less the same.

Mercy is pretty meh ar tank healing now. If that’s what your team needs, you want an Ana or Moira now. Not Mercy.

It changed the dynamics and gave characters more defined roles.

Mercy is still the versatile one that fits into any team comp. But shes not the versatile one that’s mandatory in any team camp. Theres a difference.

Also, doubted that almost every revert mercy thread talks as if they are speaking for everyone.:man_shrugging:t2:

Who tf is that?

Common sense and Mercy players wouldn’t be this tense if they nerfed the right part of her. Also, this:

click me[quote="Titanium-1686, post:1, topic:182707"] When the rework first went live, there were already a lot of restrictions on Resurrect. It had the longest ability cooldown in the game by far, a 5 meter range, and a line-of-sight requirement.

And yet, Resurrect, and by extension Mercy, was absurdly overpowered.

Mercy’s ultimate, Valkyrie, provided additional uses of Resurrect; three extra uses, to be exact. In the first post-rework patch to Mercy, that number was dropped to 1. On top of this, Guardian Angel’s cooldown no longer reset upon Resurrect’s activation, making hit-and-run revives more dangerous.

The developers came back to see that once again, Resurrect, and by extension Mercy, was absurdly overpowered.

In response, the developers implemented a 1.75 second cast time and a 75% movement speed reduction to Resurrect. To top it off, Resurrect could now be interrupted not only by CC, but by knockbacks as well. If interrupted, Resurrect would begin its 30 second cooldown.

The developers returned to see that yet again, Resurrect, and by extension Mercy, was absurdly overpowered.

To fix this, the develop- Okay, hold up.

How the hell did the developers not figure out the issue by this time? Were they not paying attention to their own actions?

You took a mess of an ability with a metric [REDACTED]-ton of exceptions, and then you applied even more exceptions to that ability. How have you not seen the issue yet? Have you ever stopped to think about why you need to apply these exceptions, and what these exceptions resemble?

Fast forward to today, and there isn’t much left in Resurrect that can be reasonably nerfed given its current position… and yet, it is still game-breaking. Have you every stopped to think about why that might be?

Have you ever considered why those exceptions are exceptions?

What abilities in the game have a downtime comparable to a 30 second cooldown?

What abilities in the game have a cast time longer than one second, and movement penalties and ability disables beyond that?

Ultimates.

Resurrect is an ultimate. Look around at the other abilities in the game. The only ones with comparable downtimes, cast times, and cast penalties are ultimates.

• Resurrect - 1.75 second cast time. 75% movement speed reduction, inability to use attacks and abilities. Ability activates after cast time ends.
  • Configuration: Tank - 1.5 second cast time. Inability to move, use attacks, or use abilities. Ability activates after cast time ends.
  • Rocket Barrage - 3 second cast time. Frozen movement (including vertical movement). Ability is active during cast time.
  • Earthshatter - .6 second cast time (+any time it takes to hit the ground). Ability activates after cast time ends.
  • Dragonblade - 1 second cast time. Inability to use attacks and abilities while casting. Ability activates after cast time ends.
  • Tactical Visor - 1.4 second cast time. Inability to use attacks and abilities while casting. Ability activates after cast time ends.
  • Sound Barrier - .8 second cast time (typically, can be reduced by moving onto a higher surface. Can also be increased by jumping beforehand or moving onto a lower surface). Inability to use attacks and abilities while casting. Ability activates after cast time ends.

When you need to add self-inflicted penalties onto an ability that match or exceed the penalties imposed by ultimates, that’s a pretty clear sign that said ability is an ultimate. Thus, it should not be a basic ability.

Even Jeff Kaplan has outright stated this issue:

“We tried to move Resurrection to a secondary ability, and the ability, right now, in current Overwatch, isn’t playing out as a secondary ability; it’s playing out like another ultimate ability”

January 25th, 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P1Md792fF8

6:10 - 6:23.

This is why Resurrect as a basic ability will not work. Trying to force an ultimate into a basic ability is suicide not only from a balance perspective, but also from a gameplay perspective.
[/quote]

Common sense. If you don’t have that, that ain’t my problem and I can’t do anything about that. Sorryyy.

Because mass Resurrect with changes is a rework but some dumb people like to call it a revert. You are probably looking at threads like that or you’re just stupid. Either one is bad.

Nope.

”Support?” They failed to balance it for almost 12 months as well and ended up discarding every other support in the game other than Zen. They sure did support us…

Is that why they can’t even make a hero balanced after 14 sledgehammer nerfs? They listened to you…

Was never denying it. I was however questioning how you fought fire with fight.

Because they only gave 2 nerfs (slow down and cast time) to Resurrect on E… The rest was for the rest of her kit. If all these nerfs were for the rest of her kit and only 2 for Resurrect, what do you think makes Mercy OP? Honestly, spelling this out, again and again, is annoying.

Because she still has a fantastic ultimate in the form of an e ability on a 30-second cooldown.

I’d be lying if I told you that I cared.

Awkward enough, I fell asleep like a few hours after I replied to you :stuck_out_tongue: . Guess I’m just passionate about the hero I main then. Also, your points (that is if they even know if you exist) are going to mess up the meta :stuck_out_tongue: . Good luck dealing with that.

She usually stops becoming a must pick after her nerf initially gets released. It’s probably going to go back to must pick status in about a week or 2.

You just proved that everyone doesn’t win.:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Blame blizzard’s pride. Every game they refuse to listen to feedback and don’t admit mistakes.

1 Like

Except mercy isn’t supposed to be niche, she’s supposed to be the all around healer. All each nerf has done is made her more and more unfun while blizzard ignores all feedback from players and even pros who state the rework was a mistake.

2 Likes

No I get where you’re coming from. I do main mercy so I’m not a pure hater. I am just over seeing mercy related things. She got a bad rework and they won’t touch her again for a long time especially considering the only thing that will please mercy players isn’t mass Rez with E and all sorts.

I was looking at mercy from a dps player or tank players point of view. Mercy a mobile hero having mass resurrect and a E ability and everything else just seems too much to me. It seems she would be hated more and would achieve to much too well which isn’t balanced imo.

I strongly believe that if she does get a revert she shouldn’t retain anything of her rework wether it be a mini valk on E or not. It would just seem extremely unfair for non mercy players to deal with mercy already very quick and mobile being even more mobile and survivable which would also lead to her high survival and mobility to cause her to be broken op.

I also apologise, spoiled wasn’t the right word to use in this context and I clearly didn’t think about it, but I hope you just realise that I’m trying to give a opinion and a view from everyone not just another mercy main whose oblivious to how terrible it feels to play against mercy and Rez.

I like to know how it feels to be a dps player and have your picks erased I play sombra who isn’t the best at killing someone’s so I get the frustration with mercy. I just find most mercy threads are heavily biased to mercy players than actually thinking about the health of the game and balance in regards to How it feels to play with and against mercy.

1 Like

The problem is blizzard outright ignores all mercy feedback and won’t admit her rework was bad.

1 Like

Yes, cause now I’m at a dilemma. I’ve spent all these seasons playing Mercy, ‘boosting’ myself to mid-diamond, and now I’m finding the need to flex more to tank/other healers because not everyone is forced to have a mercy now. Except I haven’t been bothered to play other heroes in the past 2 seasons of comp so I’m practically throwing.

Thank you for understanding my dude.

It’s the equivalent of totaling your car and putting duct tape on it to hold the metal together even though it’s still smoking.
“Pshhh, it’s fiiine.” Blizzard says. “It still works as intended!”

2 Likes

I think you might take offence but you should’ve been more responsible for your play time. If you are going to one trick a hero to a rank and then have to flex to role s you nevertheless play because you never has the need, that is your fault. One tricking doesn’t help you, or your team and is a poor way to play the game.

I made it to grandmaster playing mercy mostly but I knew when she wasn’t a good pick and I knew that always playing mercy and only knowing how to mercy is bad for me and for my team and when you think about it, is a trash thing to do. I play all supports. I will admit I excel at mercy but that’s natural considering the hours Ivette played her but I can play all the others supporters, sombra, tracer pharah and orisa and dva are a few of my extra heroes I e spent time learning basics for so I can help in more situations.

I understand you probbalt enjoy mercy and never had the reason to not play her, but now you do have a reason to not play her because she isn’t broken that she needs to be in every game to have a valid chance of winning. Your SR will suffer becasue you can’t play tank or dps to the level you can play mercy. But that isn’t anyone’s fault. Simply yours. I believe if you can’t attain a rank with more than just just one hero, you shouldn’t be there.

I know it sound so harsh but this is a team game and you have to realise one hero will never be in every game bevause that’s balance. Also imagine how many other players had to flex when you chose mercy and they we’re the same position as you. You just simply play the best of your ability and if you lose you lose. It’s no ones fault, it’s not rigged it’s the game saying you shouldn’t be here if you can’t play x hero which is a good thing.

2 Likes

Another point, mercy is basically the only hero where an ult like Valkyrie isn’t the most fun thing ever. Like watch:
You know Ana? Ok what if instead of nanoboost, SHE FLEW AND GOT INFINITE AMMO.
Zen just making it rain balls like a thunder storm

Lucio just speed boosting and switching between flying and skating on walls to get to insane locations while flying behind People and just booping them.

But they gave this insanely fun sounding capability to a character that for the most part, has to use it carefully, passively.

1 Like

Ironically, it is a vile conglomeration of already existing abilities. XD

Yeah but multiplied by infinity.

”She’s a jack of all trades, remotely insufficient in none”.

You get it. Thank you. :heart:

Why you link my thread here? ;-;

I made it mostly as a joke ;-;

My take, and I understand that I am just pissing downriver here…

A nerf to Mercy is a nerf to the team. It’s not so much the Mercy player that needs to adapt to the Mercy nerf but that the other 5 players need to adapt to the Mercy nerf. They need to play smarter Overwatch, use more cover, and stop playing stoopid.

2 Likes