You could remove Resurrect, and Mercy would still be the best healer in the game

It’s funny, because she had literally all of that while she was a troll pick and Ana was a beast.

Maybe it’s time to accept that Mercy isn’t OP and doesn’t actually need to be toned down, we need to actually buff Ana and Moira?

No, it starts when you stop using it, either due to hitting your destination or toggling it off yourself. Like he said, it’s just like D.Va’s boosters.

1 Like

and how is that different from what I said?

1.5 second cooldown is literally the lowest cooldown mobility ability in the game

well i disagree.

mercy has the best mobility of all supports.

her GA cooldown is very low … compared to moiras fade, also moira does not have vertical mobility…

It sounded like you meant when you start using it, not when you stop.

If you meant when it stops, I don’t even know why you brought it up since that’s exactly what the dude you were responding to said, too.

1 Like

I just think that’s extremely wrong. I’ve played all three heroes pretty extensively. She has one of the best circumstantial escape options, but Moira and Lucio have better mobility, hands down.

i brought it up because GA lasts 2.5 seconds at most

30 meters maximum range, 20 meters per second movement speed

1.5 seconds of movement at most

even if the target is moving, it still won’t last longer than 2.5 seconds

2.5 seconds of flight followed by 1.5 seconds of cooldown is anything but not forgiving

LOL mercy without a rez would be so useless

Y’all need to stop, really

After playing with this rework for a while i gotta say i agree with removing res. I would love for her to have a vertical leap. Maybe we could also tune down her heals a tiny bit. Its a shame the devs arent looking at her anymore.

Mercy would still be the healer with the best mobility, the best healing output, the best self-sustain, and would be easier than the other healers.

Blizzard has already stated that they won’t remove rez from Mercy, half of her Cosmetics in and out of game are about resurrect.

I know, its just unpopular wishful thinking :yum:

lel
(MORE CHARACTERS)

1 Like

Mobility goes to lucio hands down, Moira has better heals and ease of use is subjective

Moira would easily overtake mercy if she didn’t have rez

Quite a grandiose claim. I’m sure you have a proportional amount of evidence to back it up.

Let’s see if this holds up to scrutiny.

Incorrect. Mercy does have to aim where her beam will go. After it latches on she doesn’t need to aim, sure, but to say I don’t need to aim when I have 2 fully healed tanks in front of me and I’m trying to get to the hurt DPS in front of them is simply wrong.
That would be like saying zenyatta doesn’t need to aim to do his healing.

Firstly, there is very little self healing in this game, so there isn’t much competition.
Secondly, this too is false.
I think you’re conveniently forgetting that Mercy’s self heal ONLY works when she is out of combat. A DVA can tickle a Mercy from across the stage and Mercy’s self heal will not activate.
Now, conversely Lucio can heal himself whenever he wants. This includes WHILE he’s getting attacked.
Roadhog can heal himself and move. Roadhog’s self heal is very powerful, reliable, and can save him when he’s getting attacked.

Mercy’s self heal will never, ever, help you when you’re getting attacked UNLESS you can stop the attack altogether.
Mercy’s self heal is only the most consistent. That’s it.

Again, incorrect.
Resurrection is a 30 second cooldown, so you’re wrong right off the bat.
Even though guardian angel only has a 2 second cooldown that 2 seconds can kill you. When you go into an area with Guardian Angel you need to assess if you can live for those 2 seconds in that position.

More importantly Mercy has to manage the health of the entire team. You’ve obviously never been in the position where most of your team is almost dead and you have to choose the correct order to heal and the right amount of time to heal. There are many times where you simply can’t heal someone all the way because someone else will die.
This isn’t even including damage boost.
So yeah, this point is also completely incorrect. It’s like you didn’t even think before you posted this. Or perhaps never played Mercy.

I’ve seen Ana solo heal and I’ve seen Moira solo heal. Mercy can solo heal too, sure, but I don’t think solo heal is the best way to go. I honestly think a good Moira is better than a good Mercy for solo healing, but it depends on the compositions of both teams really.

Again, incorrect.
Have you forgotten Lucio? The guy who can ride any wall and speed up his movement at will?
Mercy’s movement is great, for sure, but it’s necessary. It’s also entirely dependent on her team. There are many times you have to move into danger. Lucio isn’t forced to move into danger if he doesn’t want to. He also has the ability to get away from danger without his team. Something Mercy is unable to do.

Indeed she can. I don’t agree with the Moira change and I think Lucio should heal through shields.
Hey, you were bound to get one correct.

And so can Lucio, and so can Zenyatta, and so can Moira, and so can Ana.

Lucio has AOE healing. Once Zenyatta puts his orb on he doesn’t need to see them and it will continue to heal them for a bit when he loses sight of them (and he can attack and use discord, unlike Mercy). Moira can send her healing ball into areas she can’t go (and areas that would kill Mercy). And Ana can lob a grenade into a fight she has no LOS of that heals her teammates hurts the enemies and keeps the enemies from being healed.

Yeah, none of that was compelling, relevant, or true.
She also can’t heal multiple teammates at once (unless using ultimate) she can’t speed boost her team, she can’t antiheal the enemy team, she can’t heal from long range, she can’t use movement abilities without her team.

Your bias against Mercy is very, very obvious.

Fun fact: Mechanical ability =/= the only important aspect of the game.
Mind
Blown

I think all of the healers should be effective at the highest level and I think Blizzard wants this too.

All of the supports require good positioning. Mercy gets punished for bad positioning just like all of the other supports. Mercy has to go into the actual fight more than the other supports.
Mercy, unlike literally every single other support, cannot defend herself effectively. If you’re 1v1 against a Mercy and she wins. You were completely outplayed. End of story.

So she is an easier hero, but you did not make a convincing argument for her doing more for the team without the downsides.

I remain unconvinced. You have done very little to nothing to prove your point.

I look forward to your refutations if you even make them.

3 Likes

I said it when the rework happened and ill say it again, res never made mercy op, chain heal/boosting did.

I often wonder if you realize how obnoxious you appear with your need to close every post you make with this.

To be honest, I think this is more a symptom of Ana (and to a lesser extent) Moria being bad.

Ana especially could level out the playing field were she better.

You do need a Mercy to do well—she’s the only main healer than synergizes well with Zen, and res is too powerful to pass up. Discord and Mercy need slight nerfs still.

Discord is perfectly fine. I also think Mercy is in a good spot. Just because she has a good win rate and a good pick rate doesn’t mean nerfs are needed.