You could remove Resurrect, and Mercy would still be the best healer in the game

Not to mention her intro video makes it feel that Blizz lied with her being up on Anubis.

She’s lacks the ability to get into proper positions to be an effective healer and sniper.

It’s like Blizzard went; “Hey how about this? A healer, but they’re a sniper! But they can only be on the ground and they can’t head shot!”

2 Likes

it limits our mobility due to how powerful it is. Rez smarter and the rez isn’t so bad

They should change this and call it “granny grapple”. Throw in some critical healing while we’re at it.

Ana is great. I wanna see her more.

1 Like

What?!

Ana does 70 dps.

Ana is a blast and my one friend is truly amazing with her-we play bots but she still can get PoTG with her by her inane timing.

Or, focus on Ana’s anti-heal aspect. Make her a support counter for Mercy.

1 Like

How to balance Mercy:

New E Ability: Lifeline
Generate a lifeline with targeted teammate which heals them for 40% of any healing you do to another teammate or stack it by continuing to heal the teammate you’ve created a connection with (Lifeline adds 24 HPS).
Duration: 4 s
Cooldown: 10 s

This ability emphasises Mercy’s role to heal her teammates but it doesn’t give her the ability to outright AoE heal like Valkyrie used it. Instead this gives Mercy a temporary burst of single target healing or could allow her to heal a lower HP teammate (Like a DPS) with 24 HPS while she heals a tank for the full 60 HPS.

Ultimate: Resurrect
Just like old rez but:
• No self invulnerability for Mercy
• Requires line of sight with dead teammates
• No cast time

Voila if that doesn’t satiate the masses Idk what would

Or at least something like this. Something that makes her better at preventing deaths while also relegating resurrection back to an Ultimate ability only but also making it so you can’t just easily resurrect the ENTIRE team from behind a wall.

I am a bit iffy about the losing self invuln for Mercy because well, it would kinda go back to making it suicide to use perhaps a damage reduction when she uses it instead? But the main point is to make it Line of Sight only so that actually resurrecting an entire team would be muuuch harder to do.

Also I honestly just wish rez was ult only and she had something more engaging and healy to use outside of ult for crying out loud.

2 Likes

Trade the invulnerability for 50% damage reduction that should be sufficient to prevent her from getting instantly popped, but she could still be killed while doing the res.

1 Like

This is not true, moira’s fade is so much better. GA you need to have los of a teammate and you need to be close enough for it to work, you still take dmg, and it doesn’t take a genius to see where a Mercy is flying off to. Moira’s fade can work whenever, she takes no dmg, goes invis and can walk in any f**king direction she wants.

maybe 75% or 80% would be better, idk

she’ll still be really good. But without res, I have a feeling that other healers could replace her in some situations. it could bring variety. But also, there might be a chance that lucio completely replaces her.

This is probably one of the weirdest posts i have ever seen. Mercy needs to be toned down is one of the most false statements i have ever seen on this site. Healers are meant to be powerful and mercy is designed to be the go to core healer. I’m sorry but your statement makes no sense.

1 Like

No way in hell would Blizzard get rid of Rez, it is a core part of her character, lore, and so much of her cosmetics.

OP is entirely wrong. While it’s true that those aspects of Mercy compensate for you and your team being bad, rez is what makes entire strategies unviable and why Mercy is everywhere in OWL. Rez needs a nerf.

Rez needs to be an ultimate you mean :3

Oh but all I’ve read on the forums from Mercy mains is how current res is trash and totally unusable, just a death button :thinking:

I play Junkrat from time to time and I can say that a lot of times I get free kills that I didn’t even planned to get (as opposed to playing a Soldier or Mccree), especially on maps like Hanamura, now you really want to tell me that there should not be a counterbalance to the amount of free kills that the game now has? Or there should not be a counterbalance to so many ultimates, like killing at least 2-3 people with a rip-tire is ok, but rezzing one is OP. And in some games rip-tires and dragons aren’t even used as ultimates, but as abilities given how quicly there are charged.

1 Like

But Mercy can head shot so true.

How many Mercy’s I saw they tried to res me and die.
Res was always good for all type of games but not in FPS.

That’s weird, this sounds almost like an accusation that Mercy is too powerful right now.

But I know I must be imagining things, because Jeff said the rework was a success.

I really don’t mind Mercy. But it’s true she needs weaknesses.

It’s funny how every time it is forgotten than Mercy can’t heal and do dmg at the same time. Neither in Ult.
And it is the only support that can’t.

Removing rez will kill her (in gameplay AND in character). It is better a revert at this point, but removing it, it will mean kill her.