You called it with Pink Mercy

Nope, you’re not. This is my first summer games event, I started playing overwatch just after the winter event, and I’m pretty much burned out already with this league ship bring thrown in our face.

Honestly, I have absolutely zero interest in league. I thought it’d be a somewhat casual fps with lore. That sold me.

And here we only really got a week with the summer game(s) background before an eye bleeding background featuring the two outrageously priced skins replaced it.

That reminds me of how The Sims got ruined with EA’s pricing greed. Blizzard is going down that path. I see it happening with this have as I did with my beloved Sims series.

Only this time it’s a knock off NFL equivalent. And oh ho boy do I get the NFL.

5 Likes

Im fine with it being behind a paywall. But the wall is too high for a game cosmetic. I’d say $1 not 10.

2 Likes

Yep. This.

Like, I’m still glad they did the Mercy charity thing. They have influence, they have a fanbase, they should be using that for good causes. Almost 13 million dollars for a charity that never would’ve gotten that money otherwise from any other source. Made me really proud to be a part of it.

But I’ll be damned if they didn’t take that as a sign to put more paid stuff. Completely missing the point. Yes, we were glad to give $15 for a cancer research charity. Yes, it was well received. And they interpreted this as “Our community will pay for skins happily and will defend the practice.” Yes, we defended a charity. Not the practice of paying for skins itself. God.

I’m lucky that I don’t want either Tracer or Genji (I’d maybe like Genji, but not for that money). But next time it’ll be something I do want. And it’s simply not acceptable to not only put these behind paywalls, but also advertise them in the main menu (to bait people) and show them off in the hero gallery.

Keep OWL for OWL stuff. Everything not related to OWL should NOT be put into the same basket. And I say that as someone who actually watches OWL. Team skins, OWL skins, emotes, sprays, whatever… If it’s related to the OWL? Fine. If it’s not, get it out of there.

11 Likes

Well yeah and thank you.

Not often will we get stalward defenders admit that they were wrong.

On behalf of those who gave you greif. We are sorry.

As for those still thinking it wasn’t an experimental sell to see if we’d forl over more money.

Please stop. The only way this game will get better is if we stop overfeeding the company. They have become fat lazy and happy in their comfy chairs. Never needing to get up and do anything because there is no need to do so.

Only then when they are hurting will they react and give us what this game needs. They are not a new gaming company and they have all the resources manpower and talent to do so. But they choose not to use them because they do not see the need to do anything.

2 Likes

You know, my problem with you guys complaining about the paywall for an item didn’t look at freaking World of Warcraft and see this going on for years on end with their charitable causes for pets, etc. It’s been going on since Blizzcon’s Murky in 2005, if not earlier than that…I’m not surprised they translated it to Overwatch sooner. It’s the way Blizz keeps their coffers a flowin’…

4 Likes

I’ve never played WoW. This is my first blizzard game ever. :man_shrugging: I don’t know about everyone else though.

Resist the temptation, you are stronger than this!

Good thing they’re just skins and not like COD loot boxes that give game changing items.

You know, if you have $10 and can’t risk loosing the chance, buy it.

But since it is on OWL tokens and not locked (temporarily, e.g Lucio Dance Party emote) behind OWL All-Pass™, I would advise to wait…

Self-control is one thing, the other is necessity/urgency. Since Overwatch had repeated events, I learned .that most skins are time-walled/have another chance getting (cheaper, next year). The things, are there, never lost. So my temptation almost crawled to zero upon learning this.

Except a small few skins/emotes exclusives like:

• Pre-order skins (e.g. Noire), and Blizzcon skins
  • The Free, limited-time Kerrigan Widowmaker skin.
  • Some exclusive deals, like WoW-related voicelines/skins. e.g. Tracer Banners, and Torbjorn For the Alliance/Horde voicelines.

Those are forever Rare/one-time available things.

I don’t think All-star Weekend™ is a one time thing either, so pick your options.

Boi, I just shelled out almost 60 bucks on limited time Caches for Dota, this one off with Lucio is nothing.

Then agian, I expect better from blizzard.

Then again again, Valve does cosmetics better in TF2, so ugh.

1 Like

One day, the will release something Dank. But players can’t access because of Paywall. I almost couldn’t resist Lucio’s stuff…

1 Like

the skin is OWL themed.

Atlantic division

Pacific division

Pacific volcanoes and ring of fire? -> genji 2018 pacific skin

Atlantic Ocean-> tracer 2018 atlantic skin

Youre upset because you like the skin. not because you feel overwatch is locking content behind pay walls.

What if tomorrow they made a legendary for every OWL team what would you say?

What if genji got a Gladiator themed legendary sking with LA gladiators across it tomorrow? what would you say? “oh that could have been made into a normal skin for me” that’s what.

Its okay to want things

its okay to be upset because something that cool has to be paid for

but to lie and say it isn’t tied to the league? that’s a load of bs and you and everyone else saying it isn’t knows it.

You are putting blinders on to the truth because you want to justify you being upset.

Put the truth forward about what the skin is and is not and then people will listen.

I didn’t like that the skin was behind a pay wall either, especially as an all access pass holder, but I didn’t for one second, try and push the thought that it wasn’t tied to the league in its theme.

2 Likes

I havent watched overwatch league since mid-may I’m not putting anything on :roll_eyes: I say its not tied to the league because there’s legit no reason why we have more paid skins other than a cashgrab and there’s literally no other way for people to get this if they cant watch OWL. They could’ve just put these in regular lootboxes and nothing would change.

Hakuna your tatas.

2 Likes

Blizzard literally charge 60 dollars for an winston skin recolor in 2016???
I don’t see the problem they are doing this for all there games since 2010

That is me, everytime Valve release a new Arcana.

I don’t know how well your computer works or what your work situation is, but if you have your laptop running with the Twitch Stream in the background, it still counts as you watching it. Just a thought.

just like I said

“they could have made that for me” is your only point.

its tied to OWL you just don’t want it to be.

upset the skin cost money? that’s cool, but stop acting like its not an owl skin. news flash, it is. it was inspired by the ATLANTIC and PACIFIC divisions. and Is themed around them, you not liking that, doesn’t change it.

Grow up and accept the truth.

Anyone that legitimately predicted this (rather than just guessing) knew this would happen. And most everyone else told us to ‘just quit whining’.
Anyone that actually thought for themselves and viewed the situation objectively while examining Blizzard’s slow decline could have easily determined that this situation was likely.

1 Like

Their design is a lot better and a smooth classic feel unlike these two garbage all star skins we got and it’s completely overpriced. This game will die because they’re to focused in their fantasy land called “owl”. If they cant see us than we cant see them is what they probably think.

you realize literally nobody from the Dev team works on OWL right? they are 2 different divisions.