You called it with Pink Mercy

I defended the hell out of it because it was a great skin for charity.

I was aggravated about the lucio emote but not heavily invested because I don’t really play him.

Then the Genji skin dropped. Hoo boy.

As someone with a pos falling-apart $300 years old laptop on bad wifi-- it took me 6 hours to get the Oni Genji skin for heroes of the storm.

But it was free.

This morning I just shelled out $10 for the new skin because I knew I’d be angry when I didnt have it, as someone who loves Genji and has to have everything for him.

I really hate that overwatch isnt a game anymore. Its an esport. I actually do enjoy watching Overwatch League and support it but I’m really starting to hate where the priorities are.

Everything revolves around it now. OWL decides the balance of the whole game now.

There is a time where the game had a very gradual dip in enjoyment for a lot of people. Right after Moira dropped and Mercy got butchered. This was when OWL was just blowing up.

The fans have been begging for new content for months now. New lore, new maps, new shorts, new comics; people were even excited for the summer games in hopes that itd bring something new-- and it hasnt.

All we get is more cosmetics locked behind a paywall. I cant even earn OWL tokens because I always have to work when its on.

If you want owl specific things-- have them. by all means. But to keep flooding the main game screen with it, to have an event with not even a new game mode, to continue to ignore feedback on balance changes and the state of some heroes–

This? This is why people are angry.

This is why people keep quitting and spamming the forums.

This place was always a toxic echo chamber, dont get me wrong, but even people who aren’t are getting upset at the state of things.

If I’d have known pink Mercy would make this a regular thing, I’d have kept my $15 and found another way to support the cause.

To everyone who said the mercy skin was opening the door for this: you were right. You were right and I’m sorry.

151 Likes

Im torn because on one hand, I like the idea of super fans being able to support the OWL and get exclusive stuff for paying the premium club fees so to speak, but on other hand it feels unfair to people with less amount of money who don’t care about OWL but really want the skins

18 Likes

When the OWL team skins came out? That was cool. I couldnt find anyone who had a real problem with them because they’re specifically for OWL and it wasnt shoved in your face constantly.

Im even fine with exclusive OWL content; but not at the expense of new content for the base game.

I agree though, it does suck. Especially when you consider a lot of overwatch players are kids who have to beg their parents or whoever to buy these for them, and will be really upset if they wont.

12 Likes

I to had no problem with BCRF Mercy or OWL skins, but the new stuff which looks like normal in-game items shouldn’t be behind a paywall.

52 Likes

I mean, i don’t play fortnite so i don’t really care, but on fortnite every single legendary skin costs 20$, and they’re making lots of money thanks to that absurd amount of cosmetics. Considering that all the ow skins are obtainable for free,adding one or two for 10$ doesn’t seem that big of a deal. And im someone who cant afford them

6 Likes

You didn’t need to buy it.

5 Likes

I dont know anything about fortnite so I cant really comment, but I just think its very…telling that as soon as pink mercy was a success 3 more paid items come out right after. It really doesnt look good, especially since Overwatch cosmetics were always free since you didnt need to do anything but play the game to unlock them.

17 Likes

If its for Genji then I gotta :weary:

3 Likes

What’s wrong with that ? If I release something complex and that shows actual effort in designing it and people like it, i obviously have a reason to do more. Someone may not like the genji and tracer skins,but they cant deny that theyare really complex and unique

It existing isnt the problem. Its that OWL is getting more new content than the actual game itself is; which is aggravating, especially when that new content is behind a paywall.

21 Likes

Maybe getting something else related to the game could be better, but 10$ skins arent a problem whatsoever

I just hate the precedent it sets. If overwatch had paid cosmetics from the start then nobody would care. But it didnt and that was one of the things I and a lot of people liked. Its not even that they need the money or the support; OW is a massive worldwide success.

I really cant describe how put off I am that we’re in this drought of new content but OWL just keeps getting gassed up more and more.

PIink Mercy is for charity. Cool.

Lucio emote was to incentivize OWL all-access pass. Cool…I guess.

Genji and Tracer are for…money. :unamused:

Thats why I, personally, am annoyed. But this may be just me whining. :joy: it is what Im known for after all. :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

Was it free though? It took 6 hours of your time. 6 hours that could’ve been spent doing productive things, or working. At $7.25 hourly minimum wage, that’s $43.50.

2 Likes

Show you disapproval by not buying it. Don’t buy it and then complain about willingly handing money to them.

10 Likes

This lol… You’re just further supporting them…They will continue to bring out skins behind a paywall by supporting this.

2 Likes

Oh man, you’re all over the place. Are you comparing the current 2 skins with the charity skin?

don’t apologize to us; apologize to yourself for continuing to give in to such greed. you bought in again, so when every decent skin from here on out costs $10 a pop, you know who you have to thank

4 Likes

It wasn’t free in the sense of Time, yea…

Lol

But it was an Earned achievement.
You put time into it, and got rewarded for it, with an item for that hero you love.

Now you are expected to put Money Into it, if you wish to have the reward for your hero of choice.

1 Like

I find it funny they are now advertising them on the menu.

Like forget about the event which was a letdown, here are some skins you can’t purchaaw in the hero gallery😂

Somebody slap me, I’m having too much fun☺️

25 Likes

Time is money my friend.

1 Like