You all need to accept that Mass Rez is never coming back

There was a GM mercy a while back that proposed an interesting idea. Chain healing was removed from Valkyrie and Rez was removed from cooldown. Instead Mercy gained something akin to scrap, and how many people she could rez during Valkyrie was dependent on that. Her single target healing was also marginally stronger during Valkyrie to compensate for the changes. I believe that it required LOS and still had a smaller but still existent cast time as well, IIRC.

I thought it was interesting. Good Mercys would get more rezzes than bad ones and just hiding wasn’t an option because you wouldn’t be active enough to earn rezzes, in addition to the LOS/cast time checks.

It was something like that. I’ll see if I can find it at some other time, can’t really do that right now.

2 Likes

So here we,
In this meta where sometimes you get grav’d, dragooned, barraged and hammered down all at the same time.

And there’s no team rez to punish teams for over ulting.

It’s the press Q game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mercy can do it in the middle of battle too. Zen is safer because his invulnerablility lasts longer.

He becomes immune. he doesn’t need to hide…

See, this would be fine. A lot of people would be happy if you had to Earn Rez.

1 Like

I think you meant EeveeAs thread.

1 Like

Look I explained why it’s not coming back. The devs have said why it’s not coming back.

You have the information need if you want to ignore it that is fine. But it’s NEVER COMMING BACK so I won’t waste more of my time on this with you.

Zen isn’t a main healer. That ult is most of his healing and he has to be part of the battle to use.

But Hey if you want to take his ult away I won’t stop them

Except the information is wrong. Mass Rez was easily counterable, but no one wanted to think about how to do it. Hide and Rez was easily counterable, but everyone would rather throw 6 ults at 5 people.

3 Likes

But it’s the same argument people are using to defend mass rez.

Why is your whole team getting caught in a Grav? Just don’t all get caught in it.

See I can do it too

You don’t need to get a whole team in a Grav.
2 or 3 is enough to win a fight, point or game.

In fact, the lower you go, 3 picks is actually enough to win two team fights, because you can keep staggering them as they respawn.

Just wanted to give some advice and say you can’t care about either if you’ve never played Mercy before at all :man_shrugging:

It’s just game, why you heff to be so balance?

Game shud be fun first, yes?

It’s fine, I think I get what the idea proposes. Kind of like a meter and the more she heals or fills up the meter, the more rezes she gets when she ults. I’ve seen this mentioned before, even on the old forums. A meter, a charge bar, or something along those lines. I think it would have been a fun idea and made her more engaging to play. Right now, even though she’s good at what she does, she does seem a little bland to play. But maybe that’s a good thing in some ways? Like she doesn’t outshine other healers, nor is she worse than them.

Well the nerf grav too, I have no problem with that. I think ults are too strong anyways.

You want everything to feel as weak and unimpactful as Valk?

Lol

Note: FEEL

3 Likes

The game would be better IMO.

You should just press Q and 3 people die or 4 people come back. Weaker ults you get more often like Tracers are much more health

Mercy also was in the battle… Depending on how you played. Also LOS would of fixed that.

2 Likes

She actually outshines them because she is so bland. Why risk screwing up something like sleep dart, when you can just rez whoever it was you were trying to save with the sleep dart in the first place?

It’s boring for Mercy. It’s suffocating for the other healers. Her stats aren’t a problem, she isn’t healing so much more than the good ones or winning so many more games. But she’s a lot less prone to those mistakes that cost games. So she gets the play time.

It’s whichever team presses Q the most first wins now. Your team can press Q much more than necessary to “send a message” to the other team too. It’s good dumb fun, but really tones the overall gameplay down to be as shallow as a mere deathmatch.

Accidents happen. Good thing there was an earned ability that was sometimes available to undo it. What was also fun as a counter strategy: launching a nuke at a fresh team rez and turning it into a team kill. From a thinking player’s perspective, and from a spectator standpoint, that made for a riveting play, that turned into a counter play, to be foiled by a counter-counter play. I argue the game potentially had moments like that which made it much more exciting than the ult-spam fest of a state it is in now.

3 Likes