Yeti Hunter - WANT Yeti

Please make me wait longer in a queue to actually be the yeti instead of having to join +30 games to reluctantly get the role. “Prefer Yeti” does nothing. I’d rather wait in a queue.

6 Likes

This is the result of everyone finishing the hunter challenge first then all queuing up for a yeti… strange thing they did not foresee this happening… i had to do like 3 games as hunter before i gotten to play as yeti and perhaps it was even worse for others.

1 Like

It’s not. The Prefer Yeti queue has been broken since at least Winter Wonderland 2019. I made a new bug report this year, since it now impacts the event challenge.

Even if literally everyone was queueing Prefer Yeti, people should be getting Yeti games 1/6 times on average. But that’s not what’s happening. The behavior is consistent with being played in Prefer Hunter queue behind the scenes, despite selecting Prefer Yeti. Some players out there must actually be getting Prefer Yeti queue (whether they wanted it or not), because if we were all in Prefer Hunter, we’d all be getting Yeti in 1/6 games on average too. But something is causing a Prefer Yeti request to go into Prefer Hunter queue a large percentage of the time (or possibly all the time, but only for some of the accounts).

Edit: I see that you mentioned having to play 3 Hunter games to get a Yeti game. That is actually compatible with being properly put into the Prefer Yeti queue and it just being very in-demand because of the event challenge. What OP described, though, having to queue over 30 times to get a Yeti game, can really only mean that they are getting put into Prefer Hunter queue.

That said, the fact that players are incentivized to queue Prefer Yeti for the challenge probably means that those of us who are, for whatever reason, forced into the Prefer Hunter queue under the hood will take much much longer to get a Yeti game, if ever.

2 Likes

Even more reason to change it. No one wants to play this mode 100 times to get an achievement.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m hoping it will finally get fixed now. I don’t think anyone but me cared about this mode before, so the pressure to fix it was nil.

1 Like

I did it earlier today and I got yeti 3 times in a row, I wonder if they kept hunter records from last year tho, the more you play hunter the better the chances and I played alot of hunter last year.

I played about 15 rounds and got the Yeti 0 times. It does not feel like that’s the case, but hopefully it’s different the next time I try to do it.

1 Like

No, it’s supposed to be the more times you player Hunter while queued for Yeti increases your chance to get Yeti. It’s not about the total number of times you’ve historically played as Hunter.

The Prefer Yeti queue has been bugged for 3 years. I like this mode and have done a lot of info-gathering over the years. Auto-queue doesn’t work anymore in arcade for some reason, but in past years, for me, queueing Prefer Yeti resulted in Prefer Hunter behavior like 9/10 times at least, and it would persist through the auto-queue.

Every once in a while, I would actually get Prefer Yeti behavior, where I’d get to play Yeti multiple games in a row, with maybe like 1-2 Hunter games in between tops. So long as the auto-queue kept going, I would keep getting Prefer Yeti behavior. If I had to stop for whatever reason, the next time I queued, I was back to the really high chance of getting put in Hunter queue instead.

Im truly blessed then because I queued 3 times as yeti got yeti 3 times got my achievement the 3rd time and now I am donezo with that. Truly blessed by OW2 Gods.

Havent even queued as hunter once this season.

I’ve yet to see the meis win in a long time (maybe since 2020 or 2019 actually). Its pretty easy to win as yeti if you don’t charge into a group of meis

Yes it is not working for me either.

I have a better idea: don’t have unique rewards bound to rng.

4 Likes

Btw, which platform are you playing on?

its almost like they could’ve just reused their role queue code instead of reprogramming everything all the time in worse ways

I’ve queued for yeti 50+ times and haven’t got him. Even after completing the games as Hunter, I still dont get to be Yeti…

1 Like

PC here and I’ve got a bad case of always-hunter.

That! So much!
And **** those 20 characters.

1 Like