Yeti Hunter queue is broken (again)

Another year, another broken Yeti Hunter queue. Ah, but with OW2, a new wrinkle! A new tooltip has appeared on the “Prefer Yeti” option that says, “Completing games as hunter will increase your chances to be chosen as the”. I assume they meant to say yeti after that and it’s just cut off because a small indie company like Blizzard can’t be bothered to fix these kinds of formatting issues, but I digress. The actual point of this thread is that, well, it doesn’t do that. I’ve already put in about 20 games, and over 10 wins, selecting the “Prefer Yeti” option, and I’ve been Hunter literally every single time. I don’t know what I need to do to be the Yeti, I have no idea how other people are being selected as the Yeti. I know in 2018 I made a bug report that selecting the “Prefer Yeti” option was actually putting me into the “Prefer Hunter” queue, but the new OW2 UI doesn’t specify which preference I selected, so it might not be that.

I just got out of the game where the yeti said it was his second game as yeti, and his second game playing the mode total. This “increased chance” is a good idea, but is clearly either completely broken or an outright lie. Even if that guy was lying, this is mathematically impossible odds.

5 Likes

Just copy-paste this message : “Hi guys, this is my last achievement for Brigitte’s skin. Can you please let me win so I don’t waste time for nothing <3 ! Thanks in advance”.

It worked on my third try as a yeti in like 30 minutes of trying to play as it. All Mei players let me win 'cause they all queued as Winston and didn’t need the win as Mei.

I don’t even feel ashamed to stooping so low. Why should I be wasting hours to win as a Yeti in an unbalanced Arcade mode released like 6 years ago… ?

I got the free skin, no need to play this anymore. Thanks for the amazing Christmas event, Blizzard !

Wow… that’s… not even what I’m talking about. At all. I’m glad you could hijack my thread to complain about your issues, but maybe you could learn to read?

I wish I could have 3 chances in 30 minutes to win as yeti, but I’ve been playing for over an hour and haven’t got yeti once.

1 Like

I’ve played this wonderful game mode for over 3 hours in a row and 50+ games now, I’ve got yeti twice, and both times I had the most difficult games I’ve ever witnessed in this game mode.
“Increased chance” when playing hunter, for 3 hours, on top of 1 in 7 chance leading to 2 yeti in 50+ games?
This. Is. Torture.
How difficult is it to make every player have a 1 in 7 chance, I am losing my mental health playing this game

2 Likes

Yeah can’t believe its broken.

What platform are you playing on btw?

If you do get a yeti game again, maybe try asking for a win in match chat. Maybe they’ll help, especially if you tell them how many tries it took to get a yeti game. That’s what I’m planning to do if I ever get one. Usually it’s pretty easy for me to win as yeti, but I don’t want to chance it.