Yeti hunter bug

I’ve played at least 17 games with the hunter in yeti hunter and despite always choosing the yeti preference I haven’t gotten Yeti once. I refuse to believe that isn’t a bug of some sort, could that please be looked into

2 Likes

Yeah it;s broken makes that achievement impossible. My guess is the problem with auto queue. Since there is no auto queue every time you start a new game as hunter it sees it as your first time so your odds never increase.

No, it’s been an issue with this mode for years, and the auto-queue worked fine in OW1.

With the auto-queue, it was actually really clear that it was a queue assignment problem. Usually, I would be getting Mei games most of the time and Yeti once every 10 games, often with the same Yeti in my lobby multiple times in a row. If I queued Prefer Hunter, it was the exact same behavior, so I was clearly being placed into the Hunter queue. (It got worse over the years… I think the Yeti queue became relatively more popular as the casual playerbase dwindled. So the chances of getting Yeti from Hunter queue went down.)

But, every once in a blue moon I would queue and get Yeti game after Yeti game, for many games in a row, then a Hunter game, then several more Yeti games. This would persist for as long as I could keep auto-queuing, but once I had to stop queueing for whatever reason, it was back to being forced into the Hunter queue.

So, in that sense, I guess the lack of auto-queue might be worsening things. Those of us who keep getting kicked into Hunter queue can’t even ride the Yeti auto-queue if we should happen to be lucky enough to get it.