Yes, the Support Changes were a Success

Because god forbid any support but Mercy is actually playable.

43 Likes

My favourite argument is ‘We want all heroes to be balanced’ when actually, when Ana was trash tier they couldn’t give a crap.

13 Likes

If Ana isn’t picked more than Mercy in gold and above we all get agitated and bring out the pitchforks and torches.

6 Likes

And now that Ana’s in the spotlight, are the Ana players saying anything about Mercy?

Hm?
Didn’t think so.

27 Likes

The support changes successfully provided a more diverse healer roster. People are disappointed that Blizzard does not seem to acknowledge that many find Mercy to be really boring to play and has been for a really long time. I think many who complain about the support changes would be ok with Mercy being at her current power level if she was more fun to play, and many blame Blizzard for ruining her enjoyment in the first place.

9 Likes

Only that she shouldn’t be viable.

21 Likes

^
(20 character limit)

7 Likes

Why should they?

1 Like

Or when everyone was saying buffing any of the other healers would result in a power-creep?

2 Likes

Plus Ana was trash and when people picked her in GM/T500 games ppl would flame them and tell them to pick Mercy instead (I watch twitch streams) It’s just wrong for the highest skill support to be on the sidelines. Besides, it’s not like Mercy is unplayable. She’s just less powerful now and the higher the rank the weaker she is which is how it should be.

2 Likes

Then why should Mercy players have said something about Ana?

4 Likes

Exactly, such a shame that some of these Ana mains are acting entitled.

I don’t recall any Mercy mains saying that Ana shouldn’t be viable, but we have some Ana mains here pretty much blindly saying that Mercy is fine now (even though she’s near being a throw pick, and her win rate and on fire stats are fairly bad) or that Mercy shouldn’t be viable.

16 Likes

the Brigitte Spaghetti Movement will bring peace to this thread!

1 Like

But mercy was the failure in the first place , we must thank them for ‘‘fixing’’ a problem they created themselvs ( that took over 10 nerfs and 6+ months) ??

6 Likes

Why are you surprised?

A lot of the Ana mains are part of the “muh high-skilled hero” group, they don’t give af lol

13 Likes

I recall plenty of Mercy players stating Ana needed help. I recall very few being actively hostile to Ana being buffed. The general forum consensus was that Ana needed to be buffed.

They didn’t post about it a lot because they were focused on their own hero, but they were supportive in Ana threads.

I haven’t seen many Ana mains being supportive of Mercy being competitive though.

25 Likes

Didn’t help that every time the mentioning of Ana being buffed was met with Blizz going;

“Oh no she’s fine she’s just a victim of the Meta”.

1 Like

Iit isn’t that other supports than mercy are played.

I want that. Truly. Mirror matches are mundane imho.

It is the fact mercy feels so bad to play and is really underpowered probably with stats!

2 Likes

Something that I dont understand is if Mercy is so boring to play why is she one of the most popular heroes in the game?

There are mutliple Ana mains that support and supported fixing mercy with mercy mains. I, an ana main, have hated the rework from the start and have been vocal on both Ana and mercy threads for 6 months.

Bliz is completely disregarding anyone who doesn’t believe that everything is picture perfect or that their rework was a success.

3 Likes