Yes, bring overwatch to M1✅

For:

• overwatch on iMac and iPad
  • silent gaming
  • the chip is powerful enough for 60FPS 1080p
  • expands the playerbase

Against:

• development time and cost

You gave us World of Warcraft as one of the very first native m1 games. I know you can do it.

8 Likes

Yes. Mouse 1 gaming. Sign me up.

15 Likes

Why would you purchase a Mac to play games?

15 Likes

Some people can’t afford expensive PC’s. An optimized version of Overwatch for lower end devices to make it more accessible would definitely be a good thing.

3 Likes

Expand playerbase by Mac release? Ok…
It would be easier to release new hero :wink:

3 Likes

Tell apple to become a bit more stable and give more support for stuff first.

Honestly who even buys from Apple nowadays?

4 Likes

I can’t afford gaming PC/console but I can afford Apple product that cost 5 times more than PS4

16 Likes

You’re joking right? MACs cost much more! I fix computers on the side and always disappoint the kid who comes to me with a broken screen when I tell them it will cost $600 to replace it opposed to $150-$200 for a Windows machine.

Macs are overpriced and repairs are even more.

8 Likes

I am an average Microsoft enjoyer and I don’t know crap about Apple products so I looked up the price of a Mac.

###What in the diddly-dangly bloody hell is this overpriced piece of modern technology ?###

9 Likes

I don’t know if this is easier or not but I would like Overwatch to be on GeForce Now

I recently found out about it and streaming games on a mac feels like the best route to go. You don’t even have to worry about system specs at this point - Nvidia’s free streaming service seems to work smoothly enough, even on my gf’s imac that can barely handle opening its own Finder window, I play FPS games on high-end specs.

Years ago I had an iMac before it died and I loved that thing. Played Overwatch with bootcamp, Guild Wars 2, FFXIV – a ton of stuff so I understand that some people just want to use macs instead of PC. Instead of the PC war responses like “why buy a mac for gaming…”, I’d love to see more studios just push their titles to streaming in some way for players who either don’t have a perfect rig, traveling with laptop or play on something like a mac (especially since apple just recently nuked all 32bit game support like Left4Dead2).

I could be wrong but so far, that sounds like an easier route than studios optimizing their own game for other systems.

1 Like

I can get you a PC that plays OW at 1080p 60FPS for less than the cost of a tablet and absolutely for less than the cost of a MAC (there is a reason the apple tax is considered a thing and its not that they come out with affordable things)

3 Likes

Now I’m interested in that. I can’t really afford one of those super good PC’s but I’ve always wanted one that could run video games decently.

If I may ask, what is this PC’s configuration and what would be it’s price ? I’m extremely interested and curious now

Will probably never be a Mac.
On my side, I just hate the idea of playing/working within a closed environment.
Just sounds like living at galilei time and believing earth is the center of the universe.
There is much beter than Mac for secured environments.
Just needs a bit of self training.

Give me a specific price range and I will work from there. For an example though, because I recently helped someone get a prebuilt (it has to be prebuilt now because of the video card shortage and to a lesser extent CPU shortage), that played OW 1080 at 240 FPS for 1200 which I know is the price of the newest tablets that were debuted today. Though that is because I was given a $1300 budget so I did what I needed to do with that. I can tell you if he had given me 600-700 I would not have been able to get 240FPS but I for sure could have gotten 60FPS at 1080 (OW is not really a graphically intensive game so getting solid FPS is really easy).

1 Like

over 120hz is useless.
So, g-sync screen over 120 fps is useless.

Way too expensive for OW.
The screen : 250$ max for 24 inch screen (g-sync).
The motherboard : 100$ max.
The I5 8th gen processor : 150$ max.
The Nvidia 1050 2gb : 180$ max
The 16 gb 2400MHz ram : 100$ max.
The case : 80$ max.
Total + screen : 860$
You’ll get more than 120fps on 120 hz g-synched screen.
Best possible condition to play OW.
If you’re not aiming for e-sports, divide the price by 2.

If you want to play more recent games, your graphic card will be the pit…

1 Like

That would do it pretty well. I was not building one for the person specifically for OW and was building a low end gaming PC for them so I had larger concerns. I just happened to know the OW FPS that was given.

1 Like

No problem mate.
Just contributing.

Everything, except your :

About playing OW on a M1 :

No.
You only bought your M1 to flame.
Hope you’ll have enough money to buy a REAL gaming beast.
Otherwise, next time think twice before buying design.

You should probably go have a look at Louis Rossman on youtube and he’ll educate you as to Apples “Modern” technology where they make basic errors in design of their expensive machines. Like having the body of the laptop and the screen’s housing held together by glue and having the hot air from the laptop blow directly on that glue destroying it over time.

Or a screen cable that moves back and forth every single time you open and close the laptop causing it to die prematurely. Something it will always do because of how it was designed.

Or how about them purposely letting their chipsets run hotter than they should just so the machine can be quite, leading to it cooking itself to death. But hey, atleast you can’t hear your laptop anymore because it no longer turns on.

But hey, atleast you paid 2-3x the price that you would pay for a console because my god, apple are just so good at making devices.

2 Likes

They also got a one bouton mouse.
No disrespect to our fellow steve.
But even Wozniak admited the “computer” itself was designed for simple usage.
Get a PS5, XBOX or a real computer :wink: .

Its already ported to arm with the switch version and the M1 chip (heck even the recent A series chips) blow the switch out of the water in terms of performance. These chips should have zero issue running OW at 120fps. Even the cheapest ipad should be able to play it better than a switch can.

Mobile gaming is huge in many countries like mine and I would love to get an ipad port of it.

IOS has native kbm support and support for all console controllers (except maybe the switch) so the inputs are all there too.

1 Like