Yeattle on Ball changes

Can we not stop nerfing the skill ceiling of heroes.

26 Likes

Nerfing the tank with one of the lowest win rates across all ranks… just amazing decision making

13 Likes

Like reddit posters have better solutions, cant think the devs even think.

There was no need to nerf him, but if they had to do something about spin2win that bad, they should have used more than two borrowed brain cells from flats and done something like this.

10 Likes

I think slightly lowering the cooldown on adaptive shields, but make it so the cooldown doesn’t start until you are disconnected from Grapple would do the trick nicely.

Then spin to win becomes more self limiting, they will keep taking damage until they have to bug out.

But the other uses of long grapple won’t have the same issue.

5 Likes
2 Likes

If number of nerfs in a row is a problem, be REAL glad you are not playing some of the other heroes.

It is a bad argument. If a hero keeps being over powers, you keep nerfing them until they are not.

You shouldn’t beg Blizzard to “smash any hero we have problems with” hammer to be applied.

Seriously, you WANT small incremental changes, which means, yes there will be a lot of them.

To complain about Blizzard actually doing the right thing is madness.

9 Likes

This is just a glimpse of all the techs that this “number of nerfs” have taken off this hero

3 Likes

Again, do you want them to bring up the MASSIVE nerf hammer?
Because let me tell you, you don’t.

Begging for that is not a good thing.

1 Like

This removes the possibility to cast shield while swinging, which is one of the most important combinations of his kit. Hammonds do this far more often than spin2win. Disabling this harms him a lot more than the 6 seconds grapple limit.

2 Likes

It does not, it stops you casting shield TWICE while swinging, and that is a HUGE difference.

2 Likes

To be fair we’d need to exclude all games with playtime under 5 - 10 minutes for an accurate win rate.

1 Like

It does not, it stops you casting shield TWICE while swinging

OK fine, I misread it the first time

6 Likes

What if it was a max of 6 seconds at max speed? I can’t think of any scenario that ball would be at max speed for more than 6 seconds outside of spin to win

2 Likes

I can think of some, but not attached the entire time.

That would work as well. I don’t like the “auto detach” mechanic though. Just stopping them from being able to start shields cooldown until they detach stops spin to win enough that you don’t require people to take stun heroes in low ranks, and means all the other tech which Ball uses is unaffected.

But yeah, disconnect when at max speed for a time would also work.

Auto-detach wouldn’t be so bad if it had a timer or visual queue of how long you have left on grapple

8 Likes

Oh totally, it should have that!

This doesn’t solve the problem of lower ranks not being able to hit shots against a gigantic hitbox moving in a predictable circle

On the same note, please make pharah land after 6 seconds… I cannot pan my camera up for undisclosed reasons

2 Likes

The issue is in low ranks (I do coaching), is that adaptive can out pace their damage if there is only one or two people taking him on.

CC solves the issue, but you can’t force them to ONLY play CC heroes in case there is a ball.

I find it SUPER weird you are arguing that Bob is OP and dismissing the arguments around people using tactics to stop bob, and are trying to argue around these things here.

Sit back and think about the arguments you are using in both threads, it will make you a better game designer if you can see that the two issues are the same problem, but you are on different sides of it because you play one hero and not the other.

ANY solution you discount for Bob you should ALSO discount for spin to win. Any problem you apply to Bob around the disorganized issues in low ranks, you should ALSO apply to Ball.

3 Likes

You don’t understand… bob with 1200 hp and auto aim gun is crazy.

And, Ball is similar, it isn’t like spin to win is aiming at the people it is hitting, being able to kick up adaptive over and over again means ball has massive hitpoints.

The different is, Bob goes away on it’s own, and you only have to deal with it as an ultimate.

The same arguments are around it. Why don’t you use special powers? why don’t you hack, use wall, use CC etc.

Why can’t people hit it, why don’t you see focus fire?

Same problems, different heroes.

So, what solutions to spin to win can a lot ranked team use, which isn’t ALSO effective vs Bob? Because it is the same issue.

This is why I like the adaptive shield change, because it means the tactic still works, within limits.

It is why I don’t have an issue with shortening Bob’s running time either, because, it doesn’t really effect high ranked play, but it will make a difference in ranks where the game is more disorganized, and you can’t expect people to always have the right hero to hand.

Hell, it is the SAME heroes which work vs spin to win as vs Bob. Hack / Sleep / Wall / massive damage.

2 Likes