Xbox - Voice Chat not Working Since Echo Patch

To fix it press the xbox button and go down to the speaker icon and press it and then turn headset mic off then back on and it should fix it. Also restarting Overwatch will fix it too.

It still doesn’t have a fix I. I don’t think they care any more it never be a priority for them… All work around stop work or change constantly

Ps xbox player pls don’t buy ow2 till they fix this one …ill probly not get it at all

Doesn’t work for wireless

BLIZZARD! What is the fix for this? I have to reset my console twice per day. I have an open NAT type. Every other game chat works. Xbox party chat works. Overwatch chat is intermittent and requires a restart to fix?!

I submitted a ticket and your support said it was Xbox’s problem???

So glad to finally have found this thread. What is the latest status?!

1 Like

January 15th. Found this thread. Reset my Xbox and hard reset. What the absolute hell is going on for it to be going on this long? Xbox one S. Elite 2 controller with wired turtle beaches.

1 Like

April 15, 2020 is when this bug became a problem. It’s January 15, 2021 and this bug still hasn’t been fixed. Overwatch requires voice chat yet you seem to not care?

2 Likes

This is really crazy. For such a large gaming company with such large followership, how could you possibly go this long without even addressing the issue to your customers. We deserve an update, this is such poor customer service.

This issue caused me to stop playing back when it first started. Prior to this I would play the game nearly everyday. I turned it on today after nearly a year away, and this problem is still ongoing?

Blizzard, the fact you have let a practically game breaking glitch remain in your game is inconceivable. You clearly have no care for your player base on console. Thank you for removing any thought of purchasing you upcoming games (say overwatch 2?) From my mind.

2 Likes

This thread is comical. This is not a problem that just suddenly started happening after a patch last year. This is an ongoing problem that has been here or several years now. The only difference this time (for me personally) is that none of the old school troubleshooting steps work at all. Blizzard i would highly recommend fixing this glitch. It’s insane how YEARS later the team chat bug is still present.

3 Likes

HONEST UPDATE:

I’ve never written on one of these for overwatch but I set up my account today to see if this is an issue as it’s been going on for years. I can’t hear anyone. No one hears me. No trouble shooting has fixed.

This is is terribly missed issue from your team that seems like it isn’t important. We’ve all spent money and countless hours to you all to warrant a little bit better of a response on what’s truly going on as this is getting worse and worse. It’s the chat feature. It’s literally one of the most important aspects of multiplayer.

3 Likes

HONEST PERCEPTION :
All O.W. support does is make you wait over a year for an answer to a problem that has been around since the games launch just to blame you, your console, X-box survives, a third party chat provider, something on “your End” or anything but Blizzard Entertainment. I’m able to use game chat in virtually every single game I play, even when I go retro on the 360 servers, Gears of War 2 and 3, borderlands 2, CoD black ops., the list goes on but I’m unable to use voice chat reliability in Overwatch?? It must be my game but it magically works with every other game I own.

Over 7 months with no response to nearly 90 comments on this one thread… this is way I stopped playing OW

I signed in just to post this. I have had the same issue and thought it was my controller or the headset. Got both brand new and still had the issue. I only played Overwatch so thought it was something wrong in the settings. I finally found out it was only Overwatch when I joined a party and people could hear me. I followed the steps listed here and this is what eventually worked for me:

Home Button->select the headphones icon at the bottom of the screen->turn headset mic off then back on.

That’s all it took for the issue to be fixed.

1 Like

Ever since echo was added I haven’t been able to use gamechat. I’ve tried other accounts I got a new mic, controller, and I even got the new Xbox series x. I’ve looked up and rewatched several videos and read through different threads on the form and I still can’t use gamechat.
I feel as this is a bug that should have been fixed years ago and even before echo I’ve always had problems with gamechat, this is a bug that is wayyyy too old and needs to be fixed now. And before someone responds with “reset your settings” or “reset the game/console” I’ve tried it 100 times it won’t work.

1: I’ve had this problem since the echo patch and more minor problems of this even before echo
2: wireless
3: idk
4: more than I can count

1 Like

For me what worked was disabling my mic and re-enabling it while I was in a game. Not sure if that’s the ultimate fix obviously but just wanted to share what worked for me in hopes it fixes your issue too.

I’ve been having this issue forever now and it’s made me quit the game multiple times - not being to communicate with teammates in this game is completely unacceptable. Absolutely terrible - imagine waiting a YEAR for a VOICE COMMUNICATION issue in a competitive game like this and it still not being fixed. Blizzard is trash and I’m I installing this game for good.

1 Like

Still not fixed a year later? F this game. It’s unplayable without being able to communicate.

How do you even do that? I’ve tried everything.

I’m having this bug happen to me now and I can’t fix it. I’ve restarted my game, checked my network to see if it was the problem, uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times, restarted the game, and even restarted my console but nothing works. Now I can’t communicate to players and it’s getting boring. So how can I fix this problem.