Xbox - Voice Chat not Working Since Echo Patch

So I have the Xbox One S, using a turtle beach stealth 700 wireless and I can’t talk to other in the team chat and its been like this after the echo update.

8 Likes

i have this issue rn does anyone have a fix.

1 Like

I discovered that I was having this issue tonight, but I’m on PC and I know this thread was specific towards XBox, but just in case it helps…

I can hear the game sounds, but I can’t hear those in my group or even see that they are speaking. It just shows me as muted and I’m unable to affect anything.
ATT Modem with a Ubiquiti Firewall (DM Pro)-Wired connection
Windows 10 Pro
Razer Nari Wireless Headset with Synapse controlling

Tried everything you would normally do with drivers and such, restarting drivers and pc. Reset to default, uninstall and reinstall.

If it helps, I would prefer to blame this on discord somehow, I was using it prior to joining. I noticed several other threads with folks having this issue on xbox and pc, Several mentioned using Razer headsets…

3 Likes

Since echo
I’m wired
linksys ea8350
And i tried the tips provided on here

1 Like

I have been having this promblem since about 3 days ago (it’s april 21st aus time)

I use wired connection

All I know is my router is Telstra

And I’ve done everything @EGurlHopping has done aswell and still no fix but I’m trying what @Patimen says might be a fix.

1 Like

Thank you for the details and continued reports! Our team have been able to reproduce the issue on our end and we’re continuing to look into this issue! We’re seeing some issues that are inconsistent where it sometimes works, and some times does not. Once we have more information, we’ll provide an update here!

8 Likes

This problem happens to me too, and I’m on Xbox. Here’s a solution - press the Xbox button on the controller > browse over Overwatch so it’s in a color that your Xbox is themed to > press the 3 Lines button > Press Quit. (this restarts your game) > Open Overwatch again. You being able to hear everyone in game chat but not being able to talk is caused by you disconnecting your physical mic while Overwatch is open. My mic sometimes disconnects because of the coord position being stretched a bit too much. When you reconnect your physical mic, your input for your mic in Overwatch and in Overwatch only will not go through to the rest of your team.

Edit: There must be a problem where Overwatch can’t detect your mic after it disconnects, maybe it must be detected before you press A in the start menu to join the game server.

7 Likes

I’ve had this problem for around a week. I’m using a wireless internet and it’s century link. The modal I have no idea and as for troubleshooting I’ve tried resetting my internet, uninstalling and reinstalling Overwatch, restarting my Xbox, and that’s pretty much it for troubleshooting. I play with a group and sometimes it works for two of us but never the full three. Hope this helps!

1 Like

I’m on Switch, and I started having a mic problem two days ago. I only have it on for competitive matches. Worked fine earlier in the day, but I came back maybe an hour later and it wasn’t working. I can’t join team chat. I can be in a group, but no one can hear me and I can’t see who is talking. It also shows my mic muted. I have wired headphones as well.

1 Like

Xbox one, only restarted playing in the past week so I’m not sure how long, my router is technicolor TC8715D. I’ve reset the cache on my console, updated the console and controller hardware, reset button game settings, tried multiple headsets and controllers, and messed with the xbox audio controls, nothing

1 Like

llamarocker you need to head on the forums srsly this is literally the top post in technical support and theres lots of replies awaiting for you

1 Like

Happened to me on Xbox too. I found if you click the home button and go to the settings tab and go to ‘audio’ I found that headset mic had suddenly been turned off (no I didn’t do it). Considering the number of people this has happened to, Overwarch may be turning this option off for some reason?

Edit: Now the problem seems to be weirdly inconsistent Could chat in QP but not competitive.

I occasionally had this problem before echo, but now I can’t fix it. I have a century link (can’t remember specific type but it’s definitely not my internet) a Latten plug/in headset, and a regular Xbox one and Xbox one controller. I’ve tried re-connecting my controller to my Xbox, turning my Xbox on and off, restarting OW, all that Jazz. I know it isn’t my headset because my Xbox chat (not OW chat) works just fine. Thank you guys for noticing the issue!!

1 Like

Game chat started not working after echo patch. As soon as I disconnected mic/walked out of range with controller (wired mic), the game wouldn’t reconnect me to chat. At this point when I re-connected I could hear everything but not speak. I found a simple fix to be simply restarting the game.

As of yesterday though, I can now no longer hear/speak in game chat or team chat. I have tried numerous methods with Xbox audio settings, overwatch audio settings and my router with nothing seeming to be able to fix the connection. Will be waiting on this thread for answers.

Edit: chat is re-working on a limited basis - back to first scenario (can’t walk out of range or unplug mic) - after toggling my UPnP settings in the router. Did not change the setting, just toggled it and then reset my modem again.

Edit: Multiple days later after being in Xbox party chat for an extended period of time, overwatch game chat now no longer works again. This is ridiculously confusing to deal with.

2 Likes

Hey all,

Just to update y’all, we are still working on this. Rest assured we haven’t forgotten anyone! We will update this thread again when we have more information to provide.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.

3 Likes

Yeah I never post on here but I cannot connect to game chat at all. Never had this issue. I’ve tried resetting the game, the Xbox, and my Overwatch settings, all to no avail. Party chat is working fine though.

System - Xbox One X Series
ISP - Xfinity
Router - XFi
Date of issue: Since Echo patch

Also not able to hear anyone on team chat

Xbox X
Wolverine controller
tp link router

Season 1 to now - this is my first issue with this

I’ve had this problem for a while now. At lease a couple seasons and it is really annoying. It makes this game unplayable for ranked since you cannot communicate. Any eta on when this will be fixed because I have stopped playing overwatch as a result.

2 Likes

THIS ISSUE NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

I have had this problem since the Echo patch. Heres what I experience.
Upon loading the game and starting groups its fine. Once my controller disconnects, I have to toggle the headset mic to off then on in the Xbox interface and once I return to the group chat, the volume of the channel is significantly lower! I use a turtle beach wired head set.

My router is a Fios Gateway router

Earlier tonight I was at my witts end. I make groups for competitive all the time and check for mics from other players before playing. Tonight I would notice some players in the party were muted not by my doing. And i was never able to toggle the mute option on them. I would resolve this by leaving the Group voice channel then go back and only to find random people got muted EVEYR TIME.

I want resolution to this NOW because the game at this point is incredibly frustrating and unbearable to play!

I’ll be following up on this from time to time until this is publicly addressed by Blizzard and the Overwatch team!

1 Like

Voice chat has also not been working for me since the Echo patch, and I’d like to add that the usual method to fix the problem (turning the Headset mic off and on from the Xbox Audio tab) has stopped working about a week ago.

Now, doing this not only doesn’t work anymore, but also prevents me from hearing anyone else in the voice channel. From my experience, this can’t be fixed without restarting the game. As such, I am unable to communicate in all game voice channels.

Specs: Xbox One
Headset: Turtle Beaches XO Three
Router: Linksys

If anyone else has experienced this problem as well, let me know? I’m not sure if this problem is specific to me.