WyomingMyst appreciation Thread

Yeah I also started following him on twitter someone recommended it here and It’s really helpful

He also has a YouTube channel that has only just above 100 subs… This is wrong as the quality of the videos are impeccable, like his forum posts and the immaculate condition that drops watch is in. He does review of experimentals and ptr changes and I’ve even seen a dinoflask style video about Jeff Kaplan not realising he is hearthing. Hilarious. He need snore appreciation on other non forum platforms.

Oh god am I going to have to start a dinoflask appreciation thread?

Okay I am going to try to answer this based on what I feel comfortable about what I can say publicly. (I am bound by a non-disclosure agreement to some things I saw and learned there.) The Blizzard Irvine Campus consists of a main campus with 3 buildings and several nearby extensions across a greater business complex district in Irvine. I only saw the main complex and yes the main development teams work here, the extensions are for supplemental teams like Overwatch Esports. I can’t exactly say how big each team studio is (because I mostly only saw team 4 which is Overwatch) but the Overwatch Studio consists of workstations for engineers, programmers, and artists. There is a lot of cool displays of past publicity projects and selections of Overwatch branded merchandise. I even got to stand in the room where Jeff did his Developer Update Videos. Granted I could not see many of these workspaces up close as anything they are working on is not intended to be public yet. I would note my knowledge of what the Team 4 studio looks like is now apparently outdated as I was told they moved to a different location on campus as the team is growing. With the pandemic most of them are working from home.

Blizzard did provide public tours for small groups and schools. The page that describes the application for requesting to go on a tour no longer exists since the Blizzard website was recently remodeled. So I am not currently aware if they intend to revive tours once the pandemic is effectively done and they return to full operations at the Irvine campus. For me specifically, Blizzard Customer Service Representative Glaxigrav who is one of my primary MVP points of contact invited me when he learned I was taking a small vacation to watch a week of Overwatch League matches at the Blizzard Arena in Burbank, California (which that location has been dissolved). Either way, you have to fill out a contact form and a Non-Disclosure License Agreement before you are granted a visitor pass.

He nearly ran into me as he was talking on his cell phone, Lead Engineer Bill Warnecke commented as he walked by… “Watch out, there goes a wild Jeff.”

Sadly I have yet to shake his hand despite I have been in the same room with him on three separate occasions (once at Blizzard, twice at BlizzCon).

1 Like

Once your main account is no longer suspended, just start posting, replying, and liking constructively.

Noted

That’s amazing and I can understand the NDA thing.

That’s just the best story ever

I probably should get some rest now :laughing: (remember I’m in the EU so time differences) but as a final comment until tommorow:

Wyoming Myst is pretty much the core of the forums now, and an integral part of our community, hosting drops watch, being responsible for some of the most helpful guides on the forums, and just telling me about the time an engineer in the overwatch team said ‘watch out, there goes a wild jeff’.

When I posted earlier I didn’t expect a reply, especially not from Wyoming myst himself. But… he did, and that shows how much of a kind and respecting person he is. Even during our small conversation he’s answered questions he really didn’t need to, but… he did
He told me about the time he went to Blizzard campus: he really didn’t have to tell me about that, but once again… He did anyway.

Thankyou for everything including drops watch, technical answers, and small stories like today’s. The forums really wouldn’t be the same without you.

Thankyou Wyoming myst for being a part of the community. I respect you

Now let’s go and get ourselves some pachimarchi themed rewards

After I sleep :laughing:

:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

The world could always use more heroes

Thanks to you we have one more.

@WyomingMyst loved your Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide for 2021. Will you continue it for League and Contenders 2022?
It’d really appreciate that!

Even tho its a year necro, its still true

2 Likes