WyomingMyst appreciation Thread

omg I’m really happy you got to see this! I felt compelled after you were helping the poor players who couldn’t make the patch work last night, your patience and empathy moved me.
I’m grateful for your presence here. I didn’t think in a million years you would post in the thread encouraging people to apply to Blizzard! You really are a truly good guy. Cheers!

2 Likes

Yeah, when I heard this patch was going to be a lot like the 1.21 patch from last Spring, I knew I had to be available. I also admit I was frustrated for those players considering that problem was dealing with computers that were not officially supported by the game. That being said, I am thankful that Blizzard and the Overwatch Team did step in, investigate the problem and they provided a workaround and soon a new patch to fix the issue.

Indeed. While I am not a representative of Blizzard, I know that if you have the opportunity, skills and the ambition to apply, I strongly encourage you to apply. Blizzard has one of the most supportive company structures I have ever seen. Ranging from an extensive resource library loaded with games, movies, and comic books to a cafeteria that serves Lucky Charms crusted french toast and Flaming Cheetos BBQ pizza, they provide the resources that really make these games extraordinary. More importantly, it’s the people there that make Blizzard… well Blizzard. I could go on about it but I rather recommend that if you have Twitter, follow their Careers and Lifestyle profile, @LifeatBlizzard, some of the things they tweet and retweet are something else.

3 Likes

He’s a real helpful and good person here on the forums. He deserves the appreciation for all he has done here.

1 Like

Can u link the thread pls?

1 Like

With the tech support you provide, I wouldn’t think you’d need help from Blizz when your game crashes…

Must’ve been some serious stuff lol

1 Like

Here it is:

Blizzard had to reach deep into my soul… err… computer and pull stuff out of it that I didn’t know it had. Actually it was a really unique issue which I believe it involved the driver software of my headset and how it worked with Overwatch.

7 Likes

I tried but couldn’t figure out how to do it from my phone. :grimacing:
WyomingMyst to the rescue… again. :smiley:

damn…now that sounds like an impressive resume

It is, but what I need to focus on is building my portfolio.

i mean…still better than me…all i got is experience washing dishes, and being a grounds worker at campgrounds

Regardless of whether there is an advertised position at Blizzard, I think you should simply knock electronically on Tom’s door and say hey, I need (or want, as applicable) a job, can I work for you?

Good help is hard to find, moreso in our current state of low unemployment

Further, cant hurt to ask…

Those who know me well know where I stand and know where my goals are. Besides, if I ever was to work for Blizzard, it would mean I would not have a front-facing presence as I do now. In fact, depending on the role, my presence on the forums could possibly disappear entirely.

Not to mention any representative of Blizzard has to be very careful and deliberate about what they say to us as a community. Once something is said, there is virtually no going back on it. It’s one reason why the community managers and the development team don’t post as often as some of the community wish they could. As a forum MVP, I am still my own person and I make my own decisions on what I post so I have as much freedom as I have time for on these forums. That being said, things are about as good as I can expect for myself at this moment.

6 Likes

I get all that

but

I think you may want to put some time into thinking about it

I am 100% certain they’d hire you, here and now, and due to your reputation and charisma I think it is likely that your role there would be client-facing

2 Likes

okay nevermind, Blizzard plz never hire this guy. :wink:

WyomingMyst is awesome! I’m a huge fan. Thanks for everything guy!

23 Likes

This.
If being a Blizz employee means you’d possibly disappear forever, I’d quite prefer you as an MVP.

2 Likes

There’s your letter of reference :slight_smile:

1 Like

Being a dishwasher informed every job I’ve had ever since. I learned so much about myself and about other people.
Your path will reveal itself.

1 Like

its nice to see even developers show up in a thread like this to show appreciation :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wyoming Myst is great! Really nice guy. I ran into him in game once and said hi to him, obviously he would have no clue who I was, but he was nice and we endorsed each other after the match :slight_smile:

1 Like