WyomingMyst appreciation Thread

We appreciate WyomingMyst too! Thanks for being so helpful and supportive to the community :smiley:

91 Likes

I didn’t pay much attention to him, but looking at his history, he/she honestly seems like a great person. Always providing help and never toxic.

Someone we can all appreciate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone. Thank you very much for the kind compliments today. The appreciation shown here is what fuels me to keep doing what I do. Yeah for those who don’t know, I spent a great deal of time finding ways to build a better Overwatch community as a player. Overwatch is one of those rare games/media products that has touched my life in a very special way. To think I bought it on a whim when it first launched.

Not many know this, but I work to be supportive on the forums and in the overall Overwatch community because Blizzard helped me long ago. Back in the fall of 2016, I was plagued with a series of really bad crashes with Overwatch, nearly getting myself banned from season 2 of Competitive play. Now through the care and attention of Blizzard, the issue causing the crashes were corrected. As a bonus, I came away with a great understanding of how the game works, combined with my skills as an arcade game technician (which was my old job), I discovered that I could help others. I first participated in the old Twitter CROWDS program (now discontinued), this is sort of what I do on the forums except players like myself reply to tweets that are sent to @BlizzardCS (under my own handle). Eventually, I started to reply to posts in the technical support forum. In May 2017, Glaxigrav, Kalivery, and Vrakthis invited me to join the ranks of the Blizzard forum MVP program. Since then I spend a great deal of time looking to support our community in any way, I think I can.

I have had many great adventures since. I have visited the Blizzard Entertainment campus in Irvine and was able to meet many of the great people who make Overwatch and all of Blizzard’s games. I have watched the Overwatch League live. And most recently I finally got to see BlizzCon live which was an amazing experience and I hope that I can return again next year. I look forward to more opportunities to enjoy Overwatch beyond just playing the game and be an active and positive member of this great community. However, don’t cut yourselves short, each of you is passionate fans of Overwatch, otherwise, you would not be posting here on the forums. I encourage each of you to continue to participate in discussions here on the forums, be positive, and enjoy playing Overwatch.

Google Photos

“The world could always use more heroes.”

If any of you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try to answer as openly as possible.

135 Likes

i see WyomingMyst as a most responsible kid in class that was left by its teatcher (blizz) in clasroom (forums)

hows your BlizzCon trip Wyo? :smiley:
we did our best in OWWC thread while you were absent :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Haha agreed everyone, let’s do this👌

Keep it up mist❤️

8 Likes

It was great, I did maintain a thread on the forums sharing pictures and more which you should check out here:

8 Likes

glad you liked it, i cant afford such trip … i guess the hype for Ashe was real :smiley:
i didnt see your blizzcon thread because i was busy, looks awsome

so Blizzard - hire the man already

2 Likes

If and when the time should arrive, I will answer the call. Right now I have no active applications submitted to Blizzard at this time as there is no current positions that match my career preferences but I do check frequently. Right now I am studying graphic design, communications, and marketing. I am proud to have a 4.0 GPA, and I am a member of my school’s National Technical Honor Society chapter. I currently have a position with a local entertainment center in Colorado who are supportive of my career goals. I will note that the inspiration of Overwatch and Blizzard Entertainment’s core values has inspired me to build a better career and a better life for myself.

That being said, I know that Blizzard Entertainment seeks the best people out their to fill their open positions. One of Blizzard Entertainment’s core values is Commit to Quality.

I feel I have some work to do to meet that expectation, but I am getting better at everything I do every day. While I do have a great relationship as a consumer to business, along with great personal relations with many of their representatives, I always respect Blizzard’s goals and decisions in their continuous effort to make great games. Even if I do feel I develop my career, education and life to meet this standard, it is my goal to one day find a great position with a company (even if it is not Blizzard) that I can be proud of.

6 Likes

In my opinion - and this may seem insulting to the current staff tho it is not intended as such - it is pretty clear to me that Blizzard support could use some help.

More good hands on deck is a good thing

omg I’m really happy you got to see this! I felt compelled after you were helping the poor players who couldn’t make the patch work last night, your patience and empathy moved me.
I’m grateful for your presence here. I didn’t think in a million years you would post in the thread encouraging people to apply to Blizzard! You really are a truly good guy. Cheers!

2 Likes

Yeah, when I heard this patch was going to be a lot like the 1.21 patch from last Spring, I knew I had to be available. I also admit I was frustrated for those players considering that problem was dealing with computers that were not officially supported by the game. That being said, I am thankful that Blizzard and the Overwatch Team did step in, investigate the problem and they provided a workaround and soon a new patch to fix the issue.

Indeed. While I am not a representative of Blizzard, I know that if you have the opportunity, skills and the ambition to apply, I strongly encourage you to apply. Blizzard has one of the most supportive company structures I have ever seen. Ranging from an extensive resource library loaded with games, movies, and comic books to a cafeteria that serves Lucky Charms crusted french toast and Flaming Cheetos BBQ pizza, they provide the resources that really make these games extraordinary. More importantly, it’s the people there that make Blizzard… well Blizzard. I could go on about it but I rather recommend that if you have Twitter, follow their Careers and Lifestyle profile, @LifeatBlizzard, some of the things they tweet and retweet are something else.

3 Likes

He’s a real helpful and good person here on the forums. He deserves the appreciation for all he has done here.

1 Like

Can u link the thread pls?

1 Like

With the tech support you provide, I wouldn’t think you’d need help from Blizz when your game crashes…

Must’ve been some serious stuff lol

1 Like

Here it is:

Blizzard had to reach deep into my soul… err… computer and pull stuff out of it that I didn’t know it had. Actually it was a really unique issue which I believe it involved the driver software of my headset and how it worked with Overwatch.

7 Likes

I tried but couldn’t figure out how to do it from my phone. :grimacing:
WyomingMyst to the rescue… again. :smiley:

damn…now that sounds like an impressive resume

It is, but what I need to focus on is building my portfolio.

i mean…still better than me…all i got is experience washing dishes, and being a grounds worker at campgrounds