Wrong Rank Reward

Your explanation makes sense but it’s so unfair, cuz we can’t see it… or Atleast reward for the highest reached. I was in masters 5, lost 2 games and didn’t play any matches after that… says I am diamond 1, and rewarded me for that. I grinded for nothing basically

3 Likes

Fully agreed! Basing it on the highest right at the end incentivizes not playing once you reached 'insert rank’5, or at least it makes people anxious to play. It is extremely stupid to do it this way and I honestly have no idea why they didn’t change it yet.

1 Like

me to finished gold 5 but rewarded as a silver 5??

1 Like

I hit Diamond 4 on Support and didn’t receive the Diamond Challenger title or the correct competitive points :confused:

1 Like

I thought this would be an universal bug but it seems like it is an intentional background update and not decay? I hit M5 mid-Jan and went 5-2 around the same time and didn’t rank at all afterwards. I still got rewards for being Masters.

1 Like

This has been a persistent, ongoing bug that the devs have yet to acknowledge. I’ve been documenting this and almost all other competitive bugs since season 34 here:

Please spread the word.

To Apotzen: Every competitive season since around Season 18 of Overwatch 1 has allowed diamond players to be on the leaderboards, including Seasons 1 and 2 of Overwatch 2. The only exception to this is the final season of Overwatch 1, Season 36, in which all diamond players were removed from the leaderboards and were denied all Top 500 rewards. I have created a comprehensive post regarding this and almost all other competitive bugs since Season 34 linked above. Please respond to this thread with your own issues and create your own posts so that I can add them to the list and hopefully we can get these issues resolved.

This is just so incredibly and painfully frustrating. Not only did I not receive my Top 500 icon from competitive CTF this season, but the career profile stats also removed the proof of me hitting Top 500 in open queue in Season 36 as well. We need to make our voices heard and make the devs give us the rewards we earned.

1 Like

I’m missing my top 500 tittle for CTF. I got the diamond tittle instead of top 500. I checked the leader boards and it shows in top 500 and it also shows on my profile. They just didn’t give me the tittle :frowning:

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. Ended GM5 got M1 rewards

1 Like

Same happened here, I finished Grandmaster they said I “placed/finished” Masters. I tried finding a ticket to get the issue fixed sometime this week but it seems Overwatch wants us to post to a discussion board where thousands post. They should fix this problem, and allow us to create tickets for these small matters. We need to get the right awards after working hard and playing their game for countless hours. Knowing this ‘bug’ has gone unnoticed and many are getting the wrong title is upsetting and unfulfilling, please let’s make these changes to ticket making as well. ):

5 Likes

I finished D5 on Damage and Support and did not receive the Daimond Challenger or any title. I also do not have any competitive ranks displaying on my career profile for any season.

1 Like

This is a pretty good explanation, the only problem is that I had a high negative final score on both tanks and supports, but they remained on the same rank, and that makes it even more strange

1 Like

Hello! Same Issues here! I have a big problem, last season (season 2) in overwatch 2, I was DIAMOND 5 as tank in competitive role queue, and now when I enter overwatch I see that last season I was platinum 1 which I was not, I have screen shot, I played and tried so much to get diamond 5 and now all my work is ruined…
Please give me my 750 competitive points and my Diamond Challenger - Player Title… I refuse to believe that all my hard work disappeard.

2 Likes

Same think here. I ended in D5 and receive rewards of Plat… cmn

1 Like

Happened to everyone in my group yesterday, too. Some cheated out of Master, some GM rewards lol

3 Likes

This is still happening, I ended in Diamond 4, but given Plat 1 rewards… makes no sense

I ended the last season of overwatch in Diamond 3.
When I started the new season it said I ended in Platinum 3,
I thought rank decay was over? I’m honestly pretty upset and lost modivation to even play anymore

3 Likes

so many people are facing that problem, blizzard…

Hi,

The same happened to me, PS4. I ended on Masters 4, but got placed on Plat 2 now the new season started.

It’s not a problem, I can get back to Masters. But it makes no sense, also just got the Platinum title. Not even the Open Queue Masters.

This is bugged.

Ended the season in masters for DPS and healer but it says my dps ended D4 instead of M4. Missing points because of it, happened to other people I q with. Fun

I ended season 3 Diamond 4 support but for some reason it’s saying I was gold 1 and didn’t get the correct ranked reports. Overbuff website still correctly shows me as finishing the season diamond 4. I know the season literally just went live but please fix this as I’m sure it isn’t happening just to me.

3 Likes