Wrecking ball is unplayable

I think I’ve come up with a solution to nerfing Spin2win without effecting pretty much anything else

Since it looks like you play Ball quite a bit, let me know what you think :slight_smile:

I’m also trying to make discussion a bit more concentrated instead of having so many different threads.

Yeah, seriously. Would this really have been so difficult to do?

I don’t think the nerf itself is awful, but not adding an indicator is really serious.

i’m confused did they say in the patch notes this was to nerf spin to win

I personally wanted the grapple latch point to be attackable to be disabled. It would give players enough time for spin to win strats to find the grapple point and shoot it. for like 80 hp to disable his hook and launching him at whatever velocity he was going. Some counterplay. Not play limitations. This just makes him overall more boring, no high grapple point huge map turns, no staying in a nook at a high location with grappling point now.

1 Like

This is a really cool idea

The patch notes didn’t really say anything apart from what was new, they were extremely basic with no reasoning to why any of the changes were made, so I assume the “spin2win” nerf must be an assumption made.

1 Like

This change is amazing.

At high Elo no one does spin to win and even if they wanted to 6 seconds it plenty of time.

Think of a low Elo lobby.
People can’t aim well in low elo.

But a low Elo ball player that can literally just grapple and spin with no other skill required can punish these players that can’t aim.

This actually improves low Elo games while not affecting games where players start to getting better across the board.

To think ball needs to be able to do this is uninformed.

-ball main.

I have a 3 min video of grappling the highest point on Nepal pillar and spinning for 3 min in a low Elo lobby. They actually can’t out damage adaptive shield when players are still at the skill level of low accuracy.

Too much value for nothing invested.

1 Like

He’s not unplayable, but you lose a lot of high-end plays with the nerf.

And to constantly worry about the 6 seconds every time you grapple is quite a mental drain (yes, we use it for stuff other than spin2win, believe it or not)

4 Likes

You mean like Bastion holding right-click in low elo?

This wasn’t a change that needed to be made. This was a change made to “start a discussion” as Blizzard have stated.

You have to aim still
But nice try

Not a great implementation, I agree, albeit it’s for a very just cause…

Many people have come up with ideas that address the collateral damage this latest change causes.

I enjoy the change because it means Hammond is forced to engage with teams every 6 sec. There are people who try to sit in grapple for way too long expecting teams to initiate. Its not even spinning. Its actively just waiting off the side or to roll out. Though the char has other options. Use it.

I wish they fixed spin to win without ruining the hero. They forked up so many techs and set up spots with this nerf.
Not only he keeps the grapple cooldown on respawn while other heroes can come out of spawn faster to “stagger”, but he also loses a wide variety of techs.

I don’t mind losing spin to win, but the way they handled it is terrible. We lost so much and I guarantee you people are still going to “Spin2Win” with 6 seconds. This did nothing to solve the real issue and instead made the hero less fun.

Possible solution

1 Like

That actually would have been better than losing control over the character.

None of this would be necessary if they just left balls grapple alone. The dumbest thing about this is the 6 second nerf was purely for lower ranks where spin to win was a problem. A while back they changed balls grapple to have aim assist so instead of missing anchor points because of lack of proper aim, it just snapped to the spot. This made spin to win WAY easier to do. Previously to attach to spin to win locations it required very precise aim cause the anchor points were so small. Nobody asked for the grapple aim assist, every good ball main hates it. Blizzard put it in to help lower rank players be able to play ball…and then they put in 6 second nerf because lower rank player could play ball. Everything the balance team has done in the past couple balance patches is a VERY bad sign. These guys have no idea what they’re doing.

2 Likes

He doesn’t even displace anymore. Its hard to call him a main tank these days

He’s fine. All he needs is a HUD indicator for how long he has left on his grapple.

There was no need for this nerf at all.

People should learn to shoot a giant ball that is moving in a predictable movepattern. Or use their heroabilities.

What´s next - Torb´s turret destroying by itself because it is too hard to shoot it?

2 Likes