Wow, folks really don't notice when a Brigitte heals them

As someone who decently enjoys overwatch despite having never genuinely giving DPS a serious play, ur exaggerating.

I’m happy you enjoy yourself, I do too a lot of the time. But man, there comes a time every session where I’m sick of having to be the only tank or the only healer for the 9th game in a row, (“Looks like I’m Reinhardt again. :face_exhaling:”) or where I get abuse for not being able to do the job of two people from my 4-5 dps. I’m just preparing anybody you give that advice to for the reality that taking the job nobody wants so your team actually has a chance of winning is not always going to be a bed of roses. The best open queue games imo are the ones where everybody just arranges themselves into 2-2-2. Even if those go badly I appreciate that people were thoughtful you know? Sometimes you get in and somebody else picks a main tank so you can play something else and it’s like “Thanks. You rock.”. I primarily want to be playing Dva but she sucks solo, your best bet with a disorganized team I find is Rein so I’m stuck on him a lot.

I also mainly play tank and support btw.

Brig still has the main issue of she can’t heal anyone without being 20m away from someone. You ‘can’ heal a lot, but she’ll still be lumpy in healing.

If the team takes too much damage trying to cross a gap ‘lijang tower gardens’ because everyone is playing Mei, Reaper, Rein, she isn’t helping much until getting across those bridges. The good news is that Brig no long needs to risk whip shot to heal herself or really heal other healer with repair pack due to self-heal.

Along with one less tank means one less dmg dealer and one less dmg soaker means those 6sec repair packs get more value for the same cooldown because it won’t be needed as much.

If youre on brig, lucio, zen, or moira no one should be asking for heals. They are heal you if they can supports. If youre on brig you can dump your repair packs into a single tank and have them on cd so ppl shouldn’t be asking for it as if its infinite.

People also ask for healing from supports when both of em are dead. Ppl ask for heals when they are standing next to a health pack. Ppl ask for heals while im in their face healing them as they ask for them. 99% of players asking for heals dont know if they need heals cuz they dont know where health packs are, they cant tell when they are being healed, and they cant tell when their supports are dead or alive or anywhere near them. They jump up and down like idiots while you are on Ana making it harder for you to hit them then wonder why they didnt get heals. They run behind you as if you are supposed to turn around and follow them around healing them. They turn corners as if you can heal through walls. Being a support is rough cuz the worst players play dmg roles. At least 3/4 games dmg do worse dmg/kills than tanks and support.

If im playing support i decide if i am able to heal or not. I decide who i heal or not, i decide the priority i heal. considering i cant remember the last time a support has regularly healed me in a game while playing a tank or dmg role i feel no obligation to over achieve. If i proc my inspire when i can, toss out repair packs when i can, dont feed or c9, and nab some kills here and there i did my job better than any other support ive ever seen. So asking me for more heals is useless. Im always doing the best i can already. If im standing next to a mercy or an ana with infinite heal ability and i only have 10 hp, i dont even ask for heals. If they are that bad they can lose the sr for being that bad. An icon literally appears on supports screen when someone is low so no reason to ask for heals. They should know.

Oh also another thing ppl do a lot is they don’t take cover and get healed then go back in. They stand in the dmg and get blasted to hell spamming they need heals and expect you to heal em through the dmg while they get beat on and they miss every shot and arent killing anything.

1 Like