Wow, folks really don't notice when a Brigitte heals them

I’ve heard folks saying before that players generally don’t notice just how much healing Brigitte is putting out, but this is ridiculous…

Last night I played multiple matches as Brigitte on Arcade Mode QPC, wanting to get some mileage out of her new Medic Skin, and folks on my team kept complaining that I wasn’t healing, with one of them getting so tilted that he went Mei and was attempting to Troll me by following me around and placing Ice Walls in my path.
The funny thing was, I was putting out tons of healing between Repair Packs and Inspire. At one point, not one but two other players went Support, Lucio and Mercy because I “wasn’t healing” only for the match to end with me getting Gold with just under 9K Healing Done, on a team with two other healers who switched early on.

It’s especially funny since it was QPC, with me being the Solo Healer early on with a team consisting entirely of Damage Heroes. Nobody complained about the Hanzo, Widowmaker, or Ashe who couldn’t hit anything, nor the Pharah who spent most of the game on-foot, and certainly not the Junkrat with a Gold Launcher who kept overextending then getting himself killed. Just the lone Support.

This is why I’m really not afraid anymore of OW2 going F2P, because the current premium players are already so ignorant, self-absorbed, and quick to assign blame to others that F2P really can’t hurt the community too badly. If anything, I’m optimistic that a transfusion of fresh blood will be beneficial to this game’s community, especially with the new requirement for a valid mobile phone number helping to screen out the Smurfs.

21 Likes

im glad if i even get a healer in open queue .-.

7 Likes

It’s this sort of thing that makes me glad about having a scoreboard.

44 Likes

Yea i notice this q crap ton with lower rated tanks when im in qp they complain because there positioning is so bad. What i normally do is try to get something from them like: ill only switch off if u switch to x hero and normally there so arrogant they refuse so it makes everyone think its their fault now lol

2 Likes

It’s more that people have no idea how to play with Brig in the team, and if they knew they would actually find they can be nearly invincible - she’s giving that much healing. Next to Lucio her stats in healing are the highest in the game when properly played.
You have to stay close to her and help her with firepower so she can sustain herself and she in return heals passively. I lately actually played Winston with a very good Brig and we both did great dives into the enemy team together.

I would say though the one support people never notice that heals them, and can actually heal really, really succesfully is Baptiste (as a main Baptiste i vouch for it). This is because he has very subtle signalling when he heals. People generaly notice the FistPump healing, but the grenades not so much – they are to subtle so when another healer is nearby they just think it was either Moira, Ana or Mercy. The funny thing is I can usually outheal anyone of those in most case scenarios. They only notice it on the final Highlight of the match

4 Likes

The funny thing was, nobody asked me to switch because they assumed that I wasn’t healing at all, so two other players went Support instead, yet still came up short as Heroes who put out more healing than Brigitte.

1 Like

I too have noticed this and last night my brother was telling me he had complaints in a game he was playing about how he and the other support weren’t healing/ were worse than the other team’s supports only for him and the other support to have 4x the healing on the scoreboard and the dude still try pathetically to blame them. Apparently a loud obnoxious “I’m HEALING YOU” Sound needs to play for each individual player being healed, voiced by whatever character is healing them. Maybe some kind of being healed noise should also play like:

before people finally get the idea they’re actually getting help from their supports and not just surviving because they’re just that awesome and dying because their supports just suck that much.

Maybe something less obnoxious but also harder to ignore than the current notifications.

2 Likes

Maybe make the borders of the screen pulse yellow or something.

2 Likes

The scoreboard owns.

I can play brig all day and no one complains im not healing because im 2x or even 3x putting out what all the other healers are.

Just completely crushing the meters like I always do but I dont have to wait for the card at the end of the screen to tell the dps to shut up about “brigs healing”.

9 Likes

It’s funny because certain folks still assert that the scoreboard causes toxicity when it in fact reduces it dramatically because everyone can see just how much you’re contributing to the team.

Honestly, the only way that the scoreboard could cause toxicity is towards dead-weight players who really aren’t helping their team, and even then, I would personally take that as encouragement to improve.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the point. How many people DON’T notice that? You’d think they would but somehow here we are.

1 Like

Thats also my take on the scoreboard. We need raw data in this game badly.

This is, sadly, true for all healers.

I’ve gotten it with Zen, Mercy, and Lucio. People just aren’t aware

5 Likes

Came to say this. I could be pumping shot after shot into my dps during a duel that they still somehow manage to lose, yet somehow “I need healing!” gets spammed 4 times before they type in chat something to the tune of “ffs can I get some healing???” Brother, all 7 healers in the game could’ve been focusing you and you still would’ve died. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

I always tell them that he has all the healing in the world from both healers but he has to stay alive in order for it to work.
The worst offenders are those dumb breed of Rein’s that charge 1vs6 behind 2 enemy shields, and cry that Mercy or Ana would not heal them.

2 Likes

This is a common problem and I really wish people knew how Brig worked. I’m sick and tired of having to explain why I’m picking Brig in the first 10 seconds of my match.

4 Likes

I stopped giving a $%* about that when people were accusing me of not healing while sitting near 30k heals. Whatever. It comes with the job.

1 Like

Brig is carrying games yet all I hear are some of her mains complaining about her changes still

Agreed, though I only take Brig on certain maps, like 2CP maps or I swap if I see our tanks are not gonna cut it.

PoV: you went into a complete casual gamemode where the most casual players of casual players gather, got surprised that nobody there has any gamesense and still think they are GM players.

Mister, you went into QPC. QPC.

What did you honestly expect?

Each time I play QPC I pick Torbjörn, put down the turret and then dance lmao.