Would Sombra need buffs?

i forgot that the Spread used to be 3.0 so keep 2.7 spread as well, but Opportunist is 50/50 on keeping and the Translocator change was pointless.

The 2 second cooldown nerf was pretty pointless tbh.
Holding hack into dmg was dumb Sombra play anyways.

2 Likes

I’d keep the 2 second cooldown though, because I’d add a 15hp damage threshold to Hack. No more unintentional cancels by Dva’s just spraying everywhere from a mile away.

I tend to agree with most of your posts but this one I am in full disagreement on. If nothing else then the part I am quoting is completely wrong.

For the record as of Sym 3.0 going to live Sombra is Sym 3.0’s hard counter not the other way around. It is possible that the Sombra changes in the pipeline on PTR may change the relationship but atm that is how it is.

Geoff said himself they ended up at infinite because even at 2x duration, it didn’t make a significant difference to how she played, or how she felt to play against because she still needed to leave stealth to actually participate.

There is no mythical new playstyle. It’s the same, just less efficient, and with a destroyable TL beacon. So of course she’ll need more buffs, the changes she’s getting are a net nerf that do nothing for her.

5 Likes

I wanted to see these buffs for Sombra but yeah… you know… Blizzard… :frowning:

-Faster Reload time / less Spread
-Reducing transition time of stealth
( -Interrupting reload for hack (It’s coming yeah) )

Lol i love how he’s “Surprised” you’d think they would know what the sombra players have suggested, and none of what they added was ever suggested. Dart board with ideas in the Sombra office. Throw a dart add buff, if it hits a nerf, well toss that in too. Bottom of the pick rate lets make her more killable and less impactful GENIOUS

3 Likes

I’d have no problem with 3 if they revert the hack changes, sorry my dude and you can complain all you want but hack was given way too much power for how free it was and yeah you could interrupt it with some crazy computer levels of reaction but then sombra was free to just keep going at it again and again.

Except it wasn’t free. We lost a about 1/3 of our EMPs. Hack itself doesn’t have that much impact given how easy it is to keep players who are Hacked up, so the myth about communication is just absurd, since equal communication counters it.

3 Likes

Couldnt have said it better myself

It’s not so much about burst damage. She’s just countered from every direction with Zarya (bubble/hack-blocking), Brigitte (armor/hack-blocking/zoning/stun), Hanzo (detection/zoning), Widow (detection/zoning), and triple-support compositions (preventing picks) all being prevalent.

Whether she has a chance to be relevant in the next version mostly depends on whether the public perception (metagame) overreacts to to the minor Brigitte/Hanzo/Widow nerfs, and whether Wrecking Ball ends up actually being competitive or just a short-term fad.

Except it was, how you doing btw Jessica haven’t seen you in awhile, and for Christ sake it’s not always about following up there’s also enabling and disabling. I’m so tired of hearing how hard it is to kill a hacked Target because the team protects them, well that’s good play on that team and a hacked Target shouldn’t be a free kill button that’s ridiculous, but even then hack doesn’t have to get a kill to have great impact. Think of a dva or Winston dealing with widow, there are plenty of times where they’ll dive, dislodge and rejoin their team not killing widow but denying her that space is prevented widow from being effective. Your argument is like saying rien’s shield is terrible because it doesn’t kill widow, it doesn’t have to because it stops her from being effective. Hacking key targets can shift the game incredibly even if it doesn’t result in a kill, hacking Rien opens DPS to punish even if no one dies it grants your team space and puts the enemy on the back foot, hacking a Mercy preventing a Rez or even preemptively preventing it is basically a kill in itself, you guys get so focused on “oh sombra is dps she must kill!” But completely ignore the utilities she brings which are very powerful and is why she’s so hard to balance. Also side note, if every single “DPS” was focused soley around their numbers bastion would be opaf and the whole class would be a 1 dimensional boring affair. But hey suppose that’s just my opinion on it.

She would.

These changes don’t give her anything. They took away more than they give.

I, as well as many other people, do not need infinite stealth or infinite translocator to get in the backlines, scout, harass the supports, and translocate out. With these changes, we don’t gain anything, instead we end up losing the ability to make certain jumps with the +75% speed and ability to contest points.

Even with bugfixes, these PTR changes set her back in terms of what she can do. The bug fixes should have come first, then evaluation from there.

Mix these changes in with the fact that many hitscan heroes are having a falloff damage buff…she’s going to need buffs. They’re encouraging a more passive playstyle where Sombra is disengaged more, while upping the power of raw DPS. It’s already hard to justify picking her over raw DPS - it’ll be even harder now.

Bug fixes + reduced reload speed was all it would have taken. Now we’ll probably need more.

3 Likes

It was never a free kill, it is not a free kill. It’s even less of a free kill now Brigitte exists.

The stats are all out there.

She wasn’t as good as the hype suggested.

1 Like

Also ironic:

In the interview, Geoff stated “Because she’s so much about timing – you get that hack just as your team are coming in"

Too bad you still haven’t fixed hack after you panic-nerfed her.

Too bad it still breaks on nothing.

Too bad being SNEEZED ON BREAKS IT.

:))))))) Timing doesn’t mean much when you still haven’t fixed her - WHICH WAS WHAT WE’VE BEEN ASKING SINCE YOU SCREWED HER LMAO

3 Likes

You dont get it, it is not being removed, the conditions are being changed, and your Parkour is not enabled with the change. It was never a part of her design. If something about helix rocket changed, they have no need to support rocket jumping either.

You enjoyed it while you had it, great, but they are under no obligation to continue it just because you figured out how to use it. It is not a core feature of Sombra.

I think you focused on one thing and completely ignored the rest… Also you got it wrong, I didn’t say it was a free kill nor did I ever say it was previously. I said it shouldn’t be because a lot of people basically argue hack should = kill when it shouldn’t meanwhile they completely ignore it’s other applications. What I said before was hacking someone was completely free and it was.

An exploit (in reference to gaming terminology) is to abuse an unintended behavior for an advantage. An example would be when you could use the emote key to immediately cancel stealth. Longer jumps as a result of faster move speed is not an exploit, that’s just basic physics 101.

2 Likes

It isn’t free in that context either, you either shoot, or take the chance you’re not going to get interrupted and lose time on your combat and go for the Hack. Even more absurd when people complained about players doing nothing but holding RMB while they’re getting shot at.

Time is the ultimate resource. Nothing is free.

2 Likes

As a game designer, I would 100% expect a +75% move speed to intentionally provide the player with more accessibility from jumping. I’m not even sure how you could design something like this without that being intended.

5 Likes