Worst advice you've received in-game

While playing Mercy, I actually had someone tell me I should never use her damage boost.

58 Likes

Torb can’t be used on attack

44 Likes

Once, I got told I was a terrible tank for falling back as Rein and taking cover when my shield is about to break/actually broke

What am I supposed to do, then? Stand there and get killed?

45 Likes

Play Support you will love it.

23 Likes

Git gud

5 Likes

Someone told me to kill myself.

80 Likes

Someone said that I should only heal the Pharah on my team. The person who said this was our team’s Lucio. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Someone told me to swap off the hero I’m playing, the nerve of some people.

8 Likes

Not sure if it counts as advice but while i was playing lucio in comp people were telling me to group up for heals when each player on the team was acting like their own unit, i just thought screw it and went with the main tank instead.

Someone once said, as Mercy, you should only heal.
No gun.
No damage boost.
No rez.
Just heal.
I think they actually started throwing because I was damage boosting people.

5 Likes

‘‘Play tank if you’re getting tired of the queue times’’
I’ll take my 15 minutes waiting times, thank you.

11 Likes

This is not a “worst advice” thing, but I had a person just ramble on and on about his plan to the point where before he got to any meaningful part of his plans, the enemies were already in front of us. Every down time, he did this.

I appreciate and encourage people to be on chat and I am willing to try out any plan, but please keep it concise. The enemies will not wait for us.

1 Like

someone told me to kermit suicide

5 Likes

“Can one of the tanks swap to Winston to dive Reaper?” I think this was last week.

56 Likes

Someone screamed at me for being behind an Orisa shield as DVa the other day. As if DVa isn’t ever allowed to stand there?

9 Likes

In their defense, you WERE playing D.Va.

7 Likes

Oh they yelled at me for that too. But we won hands down and I got to play the hero I wanted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Heal more Zenny.”

I actually saw a dps say this to a zen yesterday, when zen was doing all the damage. It made me laugh, then I realized they were serious, and laughed even harder. This was declared at me once before too.

3 Likes

“Rein could you charge the Genji behind us.”

Yes Ana, let the front line tank turn around and charge a double jumping ninja while the Widow pops everyone heads off because Reinhardht and Sigma are the few things keeping her at bay.

20 Likes

Ooof, any call that is “Ok rein, you need to charge x hero”. Im not certain you people understand how exactly using charge works.